Thread: How to view network folders Windows 7

How to view network folders Windows 7

I am having a doubt about the viewing network folders in Windows 7 operating system. See if you can help me, I have a client with Windows 7, I wondered whether that operating system can get to shared folders on the local network, no need to share folders, just enter the network shares that are on Windows XP. Does anyone know if possible? Please help me soon.

Re: How to view network folders Windows 7

File Sharing. With Windows Vista Starter, you can not share files or folders with other users on a network. This means that someone using another computer on that network can not open or view files that are stored on this computer. However, you can access files from another computer on a network if file sharing is available on that computer. In short, you can consume those of others (by permission), but others can not consume what is yours.

With Windows Vista Starter, you can not share files or folders with other users on a network. This means that someone using another computer on that network can not open or view files that are stored on this computer. However, you can access files from another computer on a network if file sharing is available on that computer. In short, you can consume those of others (by permission), but others can not consume what is yours.
    For your answer thank you very much!! I imagine it must be equal in the Windows 7.?! So please mention that in detail.

I am sure that you are using the Windows 7 starter. Because only in that version you cannot view network folders. If your computer is running Windows 7 Starter, you cannot generate a network bridge amalgamation of two or more networks. However, a computer running Windows 7 Starter can correspond with other computers on another network if someone on another computer has created a bridge between networks. Hope that you got my point.

I am sure that you are using the Windows 7 starter. Because only in that version you cannot view network folders. If your computer is running Windows 7 Starter, you cannot generate a network bridge amalgamation of two or more networks.
    Even I think that he is right. If you need to share files, consider sending it by email (please send attachments in Windows Mail message .) You can also copy files to a web site that lets you store files and then send a link to other stored files. A third option is to copy the files to a CD or DVD and then give the disc to another person.

Hello Mei-Xiu,

This issue can occur by having incorrect Windows XP network settings:

Perform the following steps to troubleshoot the issue on Windows XP machine:

1. Temporarily disable firewall on Windows XP machine.

2. Assure the following services are started: Computer Browser, Server, Workstation

3. Perform a Clean Boot in Windows XP.

4. Enable simple file sharing and Guest account.

a. Click "Start" -> "Run", type "control folders" (without quotation marks) and press "OK".
    b. Switch to "View" tab.
    c. Tick the check box of "Use simple file sharing (Recommended)" option and then press "OK" to exit.

(Note: The option "Use simple file sharing (Recommended)" is only available on Windows XP Professional Edition. By default it is located in the bottom of the "Folder Options" -> "View" -> "Advanced settings" list.)

d. Click "Start" -> "Run", type "control userpasswords" (without quotation marks) and press "OK".
    e. Check the status of "Guest" account.
    f. Make sure the "Guest" account has been enabled.

5. Write down the computer name for Windows XP. Click Start button in Windows 7 and type \\XP computer name, and then press enter. Can you access the Windows XP computer now?

Esther
    Windows Outreach Team- IT Pro