Thread: Online Family Norton vs. Norton Parental Controls add on

Online Family Norton vs. Norton Parental Controls add on

I have two computer one is for mine and another for my son. The son’s computer is a Intel Pentium 4 running windows XP Professional with service pack 3. Norton Internet Security 2009 running on his system, he has the both Internet Explore 8 and Google Chrome. Now I want to set up an parental control software on my son's PC. He visits about 5 or 6 sites frequently. I want an program which will block out all other sites except for the few he visits. Would I create an Parental Control add on or Online Family Norton, which one will be better to allow me to limit the sites to just the safe ones that I designate, without showing his computer down, What are the features in Online Family Norton for making it better?
    Any suggestion will be appreciated…..

Re: Online Family Norton vs. Norton Parental Controls add on

Online Family Norton is an great option for parental control, it is combined with Norton Parental Control Add-ON pack, with lots of new features, which is very simple and flexible program for using. This program does not slow down an Internet surfing, it does not matter how many sites you permit to access into your child’s computer(whether it is 5 or more than that).
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

According to your post , since you wants to allow access only 5 site to your child’s computer you can do the following steps:
    To allow access to a Web site on your child’s computer, you need to turn on Web supervision. The following steps are for allow access to a Web site on your child’s computer:
    1.Log on to Norton Online Family.
    2.Then Click on Settings.
    3.Click the picture icon of the child, under setting tab.
    4.In the Web section, clicks GO.(Then the Web Site Settings for the child appears)
    5.Click Specific Web sites to allow. Under Web Site Settings for the child,
    6.Type the address of the Web sites.
    (For example, "kidsmagazine.com")
    7.Click ADD TO LIST.(Like that You can add multiple URLs)
    8.Then click on UPDATE SETTINGS.
    Last edited by Trio; 16-09-2010 at 10:24 PM.

I did this in my son’s computer recently, the steps for allowing accessing to the web sites of your choice for your son’s PC you got. And I am giving you the steps for block access to multiple categories of Web sites:
    First 4 steps are same with the allow access to a Web site. After the Web Site Settings appears
    1.click Check each Site Category(Under Web Site Settings) below that you want to block from child.
    2.Do the following:
    a) To block selected categories of Web sites, check each category that you want to block.
    b) To block all categories, click Select all categories.
    3.And finally Click on UPDATE SETTINGS to block the sites of your choice

Thanks for your replies, with help of the steps for allowing access and then block the sites for my child’s computer I done the job. Online Family Norton is blocked the communication port and/or protocol which he tried to access to play games. I think they using different protocols besides the slandered one.Now is able to access those sites which are selected by me. During work with OnlineFamily Norton.com we have tried for many other games to offer him for his fun and he is also enjoying with these.