Thread: Norton Online Family not working on Windows 7

Norton Online Family not working on Windows 7

Hi,
    I have installed the Anti-Virus “Norton Online Family” on my computer system with Windows Vista and it was worked very well. I have now upgraded my Windows Vista to Windows 7 Professional, and when I login back onto my Norton Online family Account, it is not recognizing my computer system, and I had to form a fresh computer system and locate the protection settings for every child. I have then updated the rules, but every time when I switch on my computer system it says that Norton Safety Minder operation is running on your computer system account, but it still does not implement the rules and does not obstruct any websites which I have scheduled for it to block. Does anyone of you have this kind of problem, or any help regarding this issue will be appreciated

Thanks in advance for any help with this issue.

Re: Norton Online Family not working on Windows 7

The Anti-Virus Norton Safety Minder is compatible with Microsoft Windows 7. Can you give me some more information about your system like what system you are running Vista 32 bit or 64 bit on your system? What was the service pack level before the upgrading? Is your account upgraded from the monitored or not? Have you upgrade your Window 7 from 32 bit or 64 bit?

Thank you for your the help as you want the information about my computer system I have answered them. I am using the Window Vista 64 bit, but about the service pack I don’t have the knowledge about that, I have monitored the Norton with my computer system. And I have upgraded Windows 7 64 bit, I am using the Anti-Virus of Norton what should I do now. Do these will help me out from this problem?

Yeah, as per the information you have given to me about your current running computer system that means there is no other problem with your computer system just you have to uninstall and then reinstall the Norton Safety Minder on your computer system. I think this will help you out to solve your problem.

Hi, thank for your suggestion and I have done all the way which you have suggested me, but still I am facing the similar error concerning about the Norton Online Framework, the other feature of the Norton 360 are working very well on my computer system. But the problem I have is I am unable to use the Online Family since after the Upgrading of my Windows system on the system.

OK, if you are unable to get connected with the Norton Online Family on your computer system then you have to just repair the software which you have upgraded on your computer system. For doing that process you have to go in the repair mode of the Norton software and select the repair mode and proceed further as shown on the display. I hope this will helps you out to solve your problem.
    Last edited by Steve123; 16-09-2010 at 08:51 PM.