Thread: Norton Toolbar & Norton Safe Web (Website Security)

Norton Toolbar & Norton Safe Web (Website Security)

Hello, I newly bought an HP Pavilion series laptop, and Norton web security(FF 3.5.9) is activated and windows XP Home service pack 3 as my operating system. Now I have two questions:

1.Which one is the latest version of Norton Toolbar? And
    2.In IE8 Google search results are combined with the Norton Safe Web symbols, but not in FF, Secure Browsing & Norton Safe Web is activated in NIS10 although.

Re: Norton Toolbar & Norton Safe Web (Website Security)

All the users those are running the English version of their Norton anti virus software moved to Norton Anti Virus/Norton Internet Security 17.6.0.32 update version has been fully moved. A latest German patch for this anti virus software will be soon releasing in the market, wait for that. This patch contains the fix for safe web symbols issue. Update your Internet browser and check for fixing the issue. Run Norton live update again and reboot your laptop

The latest version for the Norton Toolbar 4.6 (English version) is released in the web site, check it, the localized patch will be release soon. See this http://community.norton.com/t5/Norto...on/td-p/221179. This will works for all 3.x versions. Upgrading from FF 3.5 to 3.6, go to 17.6.0.32, there is an fix for that.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

In the 17.6.0.32 version, having the Norton Toolbar version 4.6, FF as add-on, go for it this is the latest patch. If Norton Toolbar version as 4.5 is detected by your FF, then they can change into German(localized), but it may happen that the patch or the update may not install properly. For that I would like to suggest you that, run your Live Update once again and reboot the machine. If still you are facing the problem then do complete uninstall of the existing FF and re-install it (reboot may be required) and run the Live Update.

I also latest update version of localized dutch version to 17.6.0.32. into my systems,one is windows 7 x64, one is windows Xp Sp3 and another one is windows Vista. All three operating systems are original and updated. But none of them shows Norton Toolbar 4.6.in FF 3.6.3. All are shows they still in 4.5. It may take as a coincidence. My question is ,in later the localized toolbar will issued apart than the 17.6.032 update?

Hey, Ajani/ Moon Walker,
    The product version 17.6.0.32 that you have is, the latest one, you should be having the Toolbar version to be 4.6. There is no separate update to get the 4.6 toolbar. You will already got the update.But since your browser Toolbar version has not been updated to 4.6, it may be because browser that you are using may not be able to pick up the latest Norton Toolbar version(4.6).So reinstall your browser and check the version of Norton Toolbar in bowser. You should be getting the version to be 4.6. When you you are uninstalling your browser make sure to select 'Remove my Firefox personal data and customizations’. Remove all your bookmarks, cookies etc of your browser.