Thread: Unauthorized Apple iPODs and MAC notebooks connect to my wireless network

Unauthorized Apple iPODs and MAC notebooks connect to my wireless network

Hi,
    the server which i use is of the Server 2003 IAS Sever,where the Enterprise Certificate Services are installed on the laptop,the problem which is faced is about the unauthorized ipods and the mac notebook gets connected to the wireless network, these is possible only if the valid username and password is available to client,so please help to solve this issue.

Re: Unauthorized Apple iPODs and MAC notebooks connect to my wireless network

The problem for the unauthorized users getting connected to your wireless network,so i would like to inform you that windows client to use the computer authentication in place of using the users authentication after the login, it is even possible to remove users accounts from unauthorized users.

The prevention of the unauthorized users to your wireless network is possible, so some of the tactics should be applied so that such users can be detected,so to prevent it use of strong passwords should be recommended, the use of the wireless tool should be made which detects the users,the Zamzom Wireless network tool is the one which may detect all computer names, ip and mac addresses which are using this wireless network.

As you would like to keep your wireless network safe from the unauthorized users like ipods and mac notebooks,check whether the certificates which are installed on the client machine consists the private keys of their machines, make sure if use of EAP-MSCHAPv2 or PEAP-MSCHAPv2 should not be done,you may be recommended to make use of the PEAP-TLS.Because the PEAP-MSCHAPv2 use for Server authentication whereas the PEAP-TLS uses certificates for both Server and Client authentication.