Thread: HOWTO: Use Linksys WRT54G as a wireless ethernet bridge

HOWTO: Use Linksys WRT54G as a wireless ethernet bridge

Hi,
    the router of linksys wrt54g is supposed to be used my me, i want it to be used in such way that it has to be connected to my devices as pc and even to my mobile pc without using any one of the pc wifi card or any cables,how to use router to connect remote pc to the internet in the home network.

Re: HOWTO: Use Linksys WRT54G as a wireless ethernet bridge

The question by you how is possible to connect linksys router to the pc without using cables and wifi card,therefore it possible through by making use of the third party firmware (sveasoft), it is the one which allows the router wrt54g to run in client mode through which it is possible to forward packets to the connected devices to the router.

The connection of wireless router to the pc and without making use of the wifi cards and the cables is possible,it can be done by setting the ip address, here the address of the router and the attached pc can be set , the connection at the destination where it has to be established the the ip address of it has to be specified so the connection may be possible.

As the requirement for you is to use the router of linksys wrt54g as wireless ethernet bridge,so i would like to inform you that everything works on the mac address here you only need to know the mac address of the client means the router not machines attached to it, the nat helps for it but there problem for sharing the files in windows between the machines which are connected to the router.

According to use of router to be made for wireless connection is possible by wireless bridging mode, where it operates point-to-point between two wireless APs and it only requires and requires manually configuring both APs with each other's MAC addresses as the two endpoints of the bridge, Client AP mode is not bridging, and the remote wireless AP in infrastructure mode will only see the MAC of the wireless interface of the client AP operating in client AP mode.