Thread: Problem with the IPv6 connection in Windows Vista

Problem with the IPv6 connection in Windows Vista

Here I have a problem with the IPv6 connection is limited and I think its my problem, its the IPv6, the internet everything is correct then connect it says I can access the Internet locally and when I open my internet its not working. I am not that good in troubleshooting the network issues. So I need your help to resolve my problem. Please help me as soon as possible.

Re: Problem with the IPv6 connection in Windows Vista

Did you leave DHCP or have you set your IP network, DNS manually? Because I have a router my devan freebox and when I want to settle in Manuel it does not want that details. So I put in my router's IP network that I want compared to my mac address. Vista does not want to know when it is DHCP it will absolutely want to 192.168.0.7, if internet does not work.

I have my router DHCP server and all IP network are automatic. I have some type of Internet connection and that's all. No links do not work even those from Microsoft, I had to activate Vista with a 56K modem. It should perhaps be set in a tunnel IPv6/IPv4 router, especially since I use two in WDS, and perhaps complicates things. If anyone knows someone who believes it will be resolved to make themselves known, I have on the canvas that many in my case and VISTA without ADSL is worth nothing. Thank you in advance.

Unfortunately same problem!! I have three computer 2 using XP and my router Dlink Vista.Avec I have no problem to connect both on xp but on vista it will not connect if I do not connect both a PC on XP. Actually when I enter the code internet connection with my pc which has vista it gives me an error message "wrong username or password" then it is good and then when I enter the same password on the xp pc that is no problem. Otherwise if I returned the password with one of 2 PCs using XP once in the day and I put out just after the one on vista can connect Ah yes before entering my password I can see that Internet my pc on vista captures well the connection is just that I can not surf the net. Well thank you if someone has an answer because many people have the same problem as me!!

I found many solutions on the forums, so I too am sharing a very useful information for all to view web pages with Vista. I am connected via Ethernet to the modem with Vista and 2 other XP PC WiFi. It must be declared as an administrator under Vista. I have run many commands times the Run command. If we pass and run cmd., The computer does not consider us as director of the computer. and shows us a pb elevation tcp / ip v4 ... The pb is that Vista does not automatically recognize us as an administrator. We must therefore go into Windows Explorer and go to the cmd.exe, run it and I did the following commands:
    "Netsh int tcp set global rss = disabled -> ok
    "Netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel = disabled -> ok
    "Netsh int tcp set global congestionprovider = none" -> ok
    "Netsh int tcp set global ecncapability = disabled -> ok
    This will definitely help you.

I was having the similar problem and fortunately I solved it. First in the start menu, enter cmd in search (just below "All Programs"), not to enter, above is a line marked "cmd". Right click and select "Run as administrator". Then type the following command :
    Code:
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel = disabled
    then press enter. And that problem resolved, note that if this is not the case you can always backtrack retyping in the same line but replacing "disabled" to "enabled".

idea Re: Problem with the IPv6 connection in Windows Vista

In windows xp your ip protocol is version 4 however windows vista and 7 have built in support for both v4 and v6 both running at the same time, this can cause problems with some routers. Firstly make sure you have the latest drivers for your router if it still doesnt work uncheck the box for v6 and try again.