Thread: Hiding my WPA security key in Windows 7

Hiding my WPA security key in Windows 7

I have Windows7 as the operating system of my machine, I cant hide my WPA key , as i work in a small network being the administrator still i am unable to hide i don't why? So can any one help me out of these, I want do fix it as soon as possible cause i can't allow others to have access on mine keys for a longer period. I am sure that there must be ways to do it but not sure of how to do it windows 7. I tried a lot but failed to retrieve it.

Re: Hiding my WPA security key in Windows 7

I have gone through your problem it seems to me that you have lost control over the network, they key is not being lost you have lost the right over it due to the authentication problem, Something might have gone wrong regarding your network security, i can give u a solution that use a RADIUS server combined with the smart card to improve the network authentication.

I have gone through your problem, As informed by you i guess you want to hide the wpa key from the other users, But I would like to inform you that you can't totally hide the WAP key on the network from a local administrator, If you are worried that your authorized users may be sharing the the key with the unauthorized ones than you have to do just one thing white list MAC addresses on the wireless router.This way even the valid key holder will not be able to access the network without the mac address.

I have seen such types of problem many a times . to solve this you have to just follow the following steps.
    1. Just go to Network and Sharing Center
    2. And then have a click on the link Manage wireless networks on the left side of the window.
    3. under the Manage wireless networks window,you will find the profile for the network then you have to double-click it.
    4. After that check the check box connect automatically
    5. Later on close the security tab and make sure that you have proper security settings like security type, password etc

hey, You don't know the fact that you cant totally hide the WPA key and What you have to do is just change the settings of network and security .
    You have to always keep into mind that this one is to be sorted out as you cant hide the WPA key on its own.