Thread: How to enable access control on ClearOS Enterprise 5.1

How to enable access control on ClearOS Enterprise 5.1

I just installed ClearOS Enterprise 5.1 on a dedicated server. I assigned a static IP (192.168.1.200) to the server. I said this address as the address of the gateway and DNS in configuring a client running Windows XP. This client is at 192.168.1.15. I enabled the web proxy and content filtering on the server.

From the client, I can connect to the server console via the address https/192.168.1.200: 81
    From the client, I can normally connect to the Internet, if the server is turned on and have verified that this is not possible when the server is stopped.

My problem is the following:

If I set up an access control rule prohibiting access during a time slot to my client, it does not block access to web client. I grasped his ip in the "Apply the ACL to IP addresses, and picked identification method by IP address

Similarly, content filtering does not block access to the Internet for even having banned his IP. I quit and restart the services after each change and even restart the client. I just view the documentation, I do not see what is wrong with my setup.

Can someone help me?

Re: How to enable access control on ClearOS Enterprise 5.1

I also want to install ClearOS Enterprise 5.1 on my server. Can you give me, if it is distributed free, a link to download this Linux distribution. This distribution after searching on the Internet is based on a RedHat Enterprise, and that's my conclusion. I stand it to be little! It would be of great help to me!

ClearOS is a powerful network and gateway server designed for small organizations and distributed environments. Though ClearOS comes with an extensive list of features and integrated services, the solution is easy to configure thanks to the intuitive web-based interface. This distribution is Free. It can be downloaded from here. ClearOS Enterprise 5.1 is the new version of ClarkConnect.

I think the answer to all these questions could be obtained by seeking SLIGHTLY:

- The base is CentOS, clone of RedHat
    - And a keyboard is also normal for a generalist Centos distribution, let alone for a distribution based on CentOS!

ClearOS must activate webproxy in transparent mode. The problem is that I see no option to select this mode in the menu. Does anyone have an idea? In contrary to this, you must also install clearOS gateway mode on a PC with two network cards.

I am not sure about the rest of the things but it seems to me a driver issue. I think your modem is performing a 'diagnostic' IP to ClearOS. It occurs if the MAC address changes. So to fix this, hook up your modem directly to a client PC just to confirm what is happening. Configure it through the config page and then plug the NIC back in.