Thread: Windows 7 wireless does not recognize Windows XP on network

Windows 7 wireless does not recognize Windows XP on network

I have 2 WIRED computers in which xp is installed. Ethernet router is connected to internet. I have new wireless Windows 7 computer. I want it to connect to a wireless router that is also linked to the same connection. I cannot find Windows 7 system to recognize XP wired computers. I have changed it to workgroup instead of home group; i have changed the encryption settings to a lower setting so it would notice the XP system. I want to share printer with all system. I also have a wireless laptop and I can get it to see the XP system and the Windows 7 system, obviously on different networks, but in any case it will notice them all

Re: Windows 7 wireless doesnot recognize windows XP Wired

First you need to arrange your Homegroup in Window 7 for networking purpose . Homegroup will not have any connection with your XP system and is merely comfortable for Windows 7 system. For that you have to change your networking system to window xp system .On your Windows 7 system, click the Start button at the bottom left , then go for Control Panel and choose Network and Sharing Center. Click the link under "view your active networks". following that select "Work network" that will move you from a homegroup to a workgroup as a result your two system can connect to each other. previous to you can network the system, you must provide the same workgroup name to both of them and share folders in Explorer. The XP system's internet difficulty is not linked the above. If your modem is connected to the router and the router is joined to each system you will supposed to not have any problems. While working with a wireless connection at what time you installed the Window 7 you may have changed the ID or keyword

This is a ordinary problem with window xp with no attach from Microsoft. You can attempt these options: In the start/search window type "netsh winsock reset" or "ipconfig /renew"What the message is giving you information that you are not capable to obtain valid IP from the router/dhcp server. The encryption stage can also be a problem with this, WEP128 causes it lots, better to use WPA-TKIP if your adapters all hold that thing. For a fast result, log in to the router, disable security and see if you connect. The extra question that seems to cause this on some machines is IPv6. You can turn off IPv6 from the network center by clicking the adapter after that click properties, and uncheck IPv6 from the list that shows. IPv6 isn't used for internet at all at this time and really isn't needed. It causing many problems with routers and systems that are not interesting in support with it , so turning it off is a good idea. set static IP on your system that will help you. You can do it from the properties section of your adapter. The only problem to that is that if you want to connect to another system, you will have to modify back automatic.

You want to solve a difficulty connected to laptop, wireless router and a wireless printer. And with that you wants to safe your wireless network. Just go for the orders , first set up wireless security on your router so that you can avoid problem related to this;1> that thing that is nessasery for your computer is connect your laptop with the wrt54g at port no. 1 , also confirm for the light position of the router to make sure that it is connected. 2> contact the router setup from a web browser. 3> At the top click on wireless on the black bar at the top. 4> on the blue bar under wireless click on wireless security. 5> after that select the security mode as wpa-personal .6> select wpa algorithum as tkip. 7> in wpa Shared Key type: "hit" or whatever thing you want to enter but it should be at least 8 characters. and you have to keep in mind it as this will be your wireless password. 8> the Group Renewal key supposed to be 2600. 9> at the bottom Click on save settings. to personalize your wireless network name you have to follow this 1> Under Wireless, click on necessary wireless settings. 2> mode: mixed 3> name: <any thing u want> change it eg bat,kaka etc 4> Channel: 11 5> ssid broadcast: enabled is the last step to r configured the router. after all this you just need to attach your laptop and printer to this new safe wireless network using the security key