Thread: Belkin Wireless G Router model F5D7230-4 firmware won't update!

Belkin Wireless G Router model F5D7230-4 firmware won't update!

I am using a wireless router since last seven months. My router is Belkin Wireless G Router model F5D7230-4. It is unable to update the new firmware. I have downloaded the firmware from the internet and saved it to the system's my setting. After several attempt it is not installed. Is there anything I am doing wrong then suggest me so that I can able to install the down loaded firmware to the router. Thanks for the help in advance.

Re: Belkin Wireless G Router model F5D7230-4 firmware won't update!

I think you are installing the firmware from the router’s homepage. This may be causing the problem of installing the firmware in the router. You can get it automatically in such a way so that your router could update. You have to do is go to the homepage of the router and click on firmware update. This way your router will get updated.

I think you should to use the Ethernet cable. As usual all the firmware update must be done through the Ethernet cable. They cannot be done via wireless network as they will lead you to disconnection of the network. They result to set themselves to the factory setting by default. So to avoid this you should use the Ethernet cable.
    Last edited by johnson22; 14-09-2010 at 07:16 PM.

I have problem on the homepage whenever I go to the homepage and click on the update option it shows save it into my settings. Then I do accordingly. After this I download the firmware and save it to my computer. When I go to update the router and brows the file it tells which to use for the update. I am just stuck in doing this only. What to do.

Just do this to navigate the file. Go to the homepage of the router and click on the firmware update on the bottom of the screen which is located at the left side of the screen. After this click on the firmware check button. After this you need to enter the path of the firmware which you have downloaded. To the next of it you will see a brows button which allow you to brows the file.