Thread: Wireless network using two routers

Wireless network using two routers

I need to set up a home network.I want to do this using two wireless routers. In order to do this I have one router with the desktop and the other connected to the Panasonic flat screen TV. I have to disconnect the ADSL cable from the PC in order to connect it to the router connected to TV. Now I have realized that it is not possible to connect two routers on the same phone line. Now I want to know if it can be possible to connect the two routers wirelessly? Please suggest.

Re: Wireless network using two routers

Why are you trying to use two routers? The thing that you are trying to do is not clear as far as I think. So, try to make it clearer in the next post. From the post above, I would say that it is possible to set two, if the one is set up as a bridge rather than the access point for sure. You will have to do this only when, the computers are well away from the routers. Also in order to connect to the routers you need to use a wireless networking card or a USB Dongle. Now-a-days USB Dongle and the network cards are really cheaper these days. I hope you got something from the post here.

From your post, if I am wrong then please interfere, I have understood that you have one line and one broadband connection, and the router(or the modem) is the gateway and you can connect only one of the device at a time.OK. If these is the case then there are two options on which you can lay down your hands. The first one is using Wired Connection, you can further share this using hubs or switches. The second one is Wireless, any device having the wireless receiver can use wireless as long as it is within the range.

Yes I even think that the first post from my side was not well defined. by the way thanks for helping me out, now I will make what actually I wanted to do. Actually I wanted to connect Panasonic DVD recorder (DMR_XS350EB) Freesat box to the internet. Actually this box is not wireless enabled. Now I want to ask, is it possible to use a wireless dongle in this situation. I think that I have made my intentions cleared with this post and I will get reply soon in this context. Thanks in advanced.

Are you sure that you want to connect the recorder(Panasonic DVD recorder (DMR_XS350EB)) to the internet? Panasonic DVD recorder (DMR_XS350EB) Freesat box can have access to BBC iPlayer video, when used with Ethernet. If you want to connect this to the normal router, the best option is Homeplug as previously suggested by Spyrus. Do follow the suggestions. Hope something works for you.

Yes it is true, Panasonic XS350EB box is already connected to the internet via a LAN cable. Actually I want it to connect it to internet wirelessly. As I am saying again and again that I am using two wireless routers, but the second router is not detected by the desktop. Can you all please suggest me if Dongle can really play a part in these. Although Panasonic recommends HomePlug. Please tell me now in this context.