Thread: Error "No or limited connectivity" with wireless lan connection

Error "No or limited connectivity" with wireless lan connection

Hello people, I am a complete layman in the field of the w-lan. have the following problem which I do not understand. I own a laptop with wireless card which I work without problems also come into the net. But also in order to come into my office internet (100m Range) I have a usb-wifi strengthen dongle stick with antenna purchased at the reception. Everything works wonderfully my laptop recognizes my router with full signal strength sometimes and sometimes is "limited or no connectivity". Now my main problem: the stick is building a connection and it is produced Connection. I want to open but now there is only "the Web site is not available". I am not able to detect the problem.!! Please help me.

Re: Error "No or limited connectivity" with wireless lan connection

If the network is encrypted by chance? Then you had the key and have yet to enter, otherwise you will have no real connection. Or ... You could call it half-test generally trying times without encryption, then you can exclude as the cause of the ever. I think that doing this troubleshooting, you will able to fix your problem.

I am also having the similar problem. We have the home team a wireless network, where you can sign indicating its MAC address. These will then be entered, so you get assigned an IP address. Now the problem: My wireless card detected that network with very good connection. When I dial, I get only the status of network address is located and then usually goes nothing. But if it sometimes happens that I get assigned an IP address, then comes the message: No or limited connectivity. Can someone help me there?

Have you made looking in the TCP / IP settings of the automatic connection on network address, or entered the reported IP? Whether you have entered the IP itself or not depends on the configuration of the router. It also could not enter the address of the router damage as a DNS server. So for getting the proper issue, you will have to check the above things properly.

So the wireless is encrypted and I have set in the TCP / IP settings, the automatic search. For the other users of this wireless is it so that the IP from the router automatically get assigned. And where one can read the address of the router? When another user, it was also so for example, as in my case. When it was no longer the case, he made and then we went back system recovery, although he had not made any settings changes. Most of the time I did so, the problem that I have not even been assigned an IP, and then I got the mentioned error message.

Check again the key. How is the general encrypted and can your wireless network adapter, this encryption? Using Start> Run> type netsh diag gui> ok one you can run Network Diagnostics. Then you will get information on the network. Your "successful" assigned IP address 169 254 217 112 was given by Windows and not a DHCP server. The 169.xxx.xxx.xxx is assigned by Windows when no IP can be obtained from the router.