Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Wireless LAN card working problem in dell

Networking & Security

Old 11-09-2010

Wireless LAN card working problem in dell

Hi,
I have a dell laptop and with that i have a wireless LAN card network controller.There is one problem with my Lan card that it stopped working Yesterday and was closed, this thing happened when i closed turn on my Laptop. It model no is dell 1520 inspiron and it is having the windows vista home installed on it i do not have any sort of idea that how to fix this problem.

Old 11-09-2010

Re: Wireless LAN card working problem in dell

I to have faced the same problem on my dell laptop.I have discovered a solution that sometime disable the network adapter and after some time re-enable the network adapter and re-enter the wep/psk key.By doing this my problem was being solved and definitely you will also be able to restore your problem.If then to your problem is not solved then give me the feedback.

Last edited by Akiraa : 11-09-2010 at 07:31 PM.
Old 11-09-2010

I have the dell 1525 with me and it is also having the same problem .But After an hour or so when i uninstalled my wireless router and again then again reinstalled it ,then it work fine for me as if it is new.I am having no idea about this problem and how the problem is getting solved by reinstalling it,but at the end it is solving my problem ,that is what i want.If any one having the same problem please try it out.
Old 11-09-2010

I was also facing the same kind of problem in my dell XPS.I am having some solution with me for fixing this problem .First you might not be having the latest Drivers installed on your system ,so try to install by downloading the latest drive.There could also be problem that your laptop might be over heating and it would be responding to save the motherboard from overheating and because of this your card might stop working. So look out where your laptop is being located.
Old 11-09-2010

Initial one to two time my problem was being solved by uninstalling and re-installing the wireless router .But after that i am facing the same problem again.I am not understanding that what is happening with my laptop .I am feeling that i must take my laptop to the service center of dell because it is six to seven months old and still it is in the warranty period and the problem will be freely solved by the company .

Last edited by Gun-master : 11-09-2010 at 08:19 PM.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,