Thread: VMWare Converter and Sysprep Q

VMWare Converter and Sysprep Q

I have a VMWare ESX 3.5.1 with VMWare converter 3.0.3. I had installed this before and right now I am getting certain issue with Sysprep Q. I am not able to understand here the sequence of events. I am also planing to deploy the same to other machines also but could get a appropriate way for that. I am using a converter for the same and checked the option of server name.

Re: VMWare Converter and Sysprep Q

I know the way: drivers in a directory under \ I386 \ $ OEM $ \ $ 1 \ copy, and then each of the paths to the. inf - Files from .... in the unattend.txt or whatever hot like the script file under [Unattended] OemPnPDriversPath = Indicate It is important in this section just too. Driver Signing Policy = ignore. Then should W2k from an ordinary hardware detection nothing stand in more ways. As far as your specific procedure, so you can perhaps during Sysprep in Factory Mode was still crank. It is what knowledge in the winbom.ini still give my driver paths. I have never made but even still.

You already set Driver Signing Policy and that does nothing because Windows standard driver prefers his own due to the signing. This is needed to be installed. Except for such drivers as VMware server memory controller or NECVMWar CD-Rom. When Windows takes its own LSI SCSI drivers, this seems to work well, which vmxnet NIC is also a clean install. The rest is replaced by the standard Windows drivers.

I have W2K3 server as a template syspreped, the directory c: \ drivers \ net that lie in vmxnet.inf have. So the driver software installed and then made sysprep. Then I can create cards templates namely, with installation vmxnet and subsequently the rest of the VMware Tools install it, which has the advantage that one New Release of VMware Tools does not create new templates in need.

I copy the installation files to a local folder and then call on myLocalFolder \ setup.exe / S / v "/ qn TRANSFORMS = myTransformFile.mst REBOOT = ReallySuppress / L * v myLogFullPath" where myLocalFolder: eg.: C: \ DOCUME ~ 1 \ myUserName \ LOCALS ~ 1 \ Temp \ VMTOOLS and myLogFullPath: eg.: C: \ DOCUME ~ 1 \ myUserName \ LOCALS ~ 1 \ Temp \ VMTOOLS.tmp. Many computers was after the reboot the mouse on VMware Infrastructure Client is not present (after update the mouse driver and reboot).

Here you can see that Sysprep is a actually free utility Microsoft uses to prepare Windows machine cloning. So it is recommended that you must have all the files working. Here cloning a machine means to recreate the source of operating system on different virtual machine. This is useful in production or test environments where they are often added during the deployment server or via remote installation services where many machines are created.

The tools helps you to automate a process for installing and removing identification parameters of each individual installation. The fact for that is that the there is a windows machine which is characterized by that registry value called SID, which is a unique and a random value that is generated by Windows. So here Sysprep removes the sid of the original machine and automate the installation process.