Thread: Multiple IP & Domain Problem

Multiple IP & Domain Problem

Hi,
    I have a problem that when I have a Linux OS in my system acting as a Domain controller at that time it works fine. The Domain controller IP address was 192.168.16.254. On the client side I have Win 7 that has the address 192.168.16.5 this works fine. The condition is that I frequently used to configure routers that work on the address e.g. 192.168.1.254 and when I add an address like 192.168.1.100 to the Win 7 network adapter I lost few of the Domain function. But I can still find that the Domain Server is shared, but it cannot access this client. When I changes it to the local shares to access the domain server it want the users for permission acknowledgment, the domain doesn't appear from this location. I have tried to configure the Win Server to the IP Address Operating System the server with appears with no result. The same doesn’t happen when I am using the Win XP Why So?

Thanks in advance for any help with this issue.

Re: Multiple IP & Domain Problem

It seems like you are provided with the Win 7 network adapter which you have addresses the configured. Check is they both have defaulting routes in it. Because by this Windows gets real puzzled the configuration and during the use of multiple of default gateways on the system. The only step to overcome from this problem is to have an advanced metric on the address that is not the primary subnet.

HI,
    I am also having the same problem what you are facing now. But the thing is that I was facing this problem with my all Window 7. I was having the same configuration which I have listed below. the IP address: 192.168.16.5, and the Secondary IP address of my computer system is as shown.

Hi, here is some important information for the multiple IP and Domain problem. You have to check that Domain Controllers shouldn’t be with various homed, as you are running the VPN Server and simply RRAS it makes multi-homed, and then check the DNS just all by itself is good on a single homed system. The Domain Controllers with the PDF Role are involuntarily Domain Master Browser and it should not be multi-homed.