Thread: Internet connection problem on Virtual Machine

Internet connection problem on Virtual Machine

Hello,
    I wanted to know if it was possible to access the Internet via a virtual disk for Virtual PC? I tried with the Microsoft Loopback adapter but nothing to do. In fact, my network card in my computer fixed and connected to my adsl router, so virtual does not pinged before accessing the internet via the virtual disc, it is necessary that ping works between the PC and virtual fixes.

Re: Internet connection problem on Virtual Machine

This is interesting question, I think there is no way to activate ICS on the host position. This should deliver an address to the virtual map of the VCP, is not it? I did a test with a configuration equivalent VMWARE. By configuring the map virtual pc in bridge mode, it works alone. The virtual card gets its IP config from DHCP in the router. Virtual PC and physics are the same addressing scheme. There must be something equivalent QCQ with VPC.

Parameter of your virtual machine: name of your NIC = NIC. Then, in your virtual machine, you configure TCP / IP with DHCP (for after what you say, your router is dhcp dmware in, otherwise you put a fixed IP, the correct netmask, your gateway and your router dns (or your router ip)). I guess this will help you.

I need advice on virtual computer, I see that you know well. I have my laptop with 3 drives C, D and E. I have on my C drive practically all my software that is almost full. I installed virtual computer sue my D drive and when I start the installation of Windows XP, press F8. Then there I seriously doubt.

C: Partition 1 (Unknown) 65 525 MB
    Partition 8 MB unpartitioned. I have to do what? I'm afraid to format my C drive. I run on vista and I have a program that does not work on this release.

I wanted to point out that it is not possible to establish a virtual connection between the computer and the computer if the physical NIC on the physical computer is off. In other words, if your NIC is not connected to a network, if the cable is disconnected, the ping is not possible.

In response to all your questions, I say it is possible to get internet on Virtual computer. If you use a box type freebox Livebox you must choose the option Shared Network (NAT). Yes, your machine belongs first to a local network. When done, you set the card to the Virtual PC Network Connections, TCP / IP automatically (Obtain IP settings automatically), and ditto for the dns. That it works all alone. And as your router assigns an IP to your new Virtual PC, you can see your virtual PC on your physical machine and vice versa (If you are on the same workgroup and / or field of course)