Thread: I can connect to the internet but cannot configure the router

I can connect to the internet but cannot configure the router

Hello,
    I have a router in my house which is connected to my PC.I am able to connect my PC to the internet and surf any content i want to search. But there is a problem that when i connect to my router for setting the wireless network. I get the connection interruption problem .
    i.e The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
    The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again. I am in need of help...............

Re: I can connect to the internet but cannot configure the router

I faced the same kind of problem in my office.But luckily i got the solution for this problem .You need to go to your start menu and after that you need to go to run and after run type cmd command in the run and press OK.A black window will appear on to the screen .You type ipconfig command and press enter.You will get the detail of your IP address and your default Gateway address.Now go to the address bar on MF and you need to put your ip there and your problem will be solved

You must be having the problem related to the configuration.You need to re-configure your router for solving this problem,If you have made the setup on one pc the router will share the internet connection with the other computers.For doing this you need to type a command "cmd" inside the run and then press OK.a dos interface will appear on to the screen ,then you need to type ping on to it you will get the details of your router id .Check whether the connection is here.

The connection was timed out when i tried to ping the router.I am unable to get into the router setting.When i used the cd which i got with the router ,it just open a link to the ip address 192.168.0.1 ,but the page wasn't displayed. It tells that it can establish a connection to the page.I still cant get the setup to configure the wireless .Help me out.....

I have worked upon this problem .What i feel is that many of the routers will not allow you to access the setup for the wireless connection.You make sure that you are hardwired (ie you are using the Ethernet cable)to the router ,when you are trying to access the setup.