Thread: Linksys WUSB600N

Linksys WUSB600N

I am using the WUSB600N as my merely means of concerning my desktop to the internet at the instant. Cannot run cables for a numeral of reasons, additional than the wireless runs extremely well on Vista. Subsequent to installing the Win 7 beta on a second hard drive, I introduce the driver disc for the adapter; go behind the prompts, additional than then Windows says the driver was not installed appropriately. Back on Vista at present to try to figure this out. Google is not coming up by means of no matter which. Anybody run into several tribulations like this any suggestions.

Re: Linksys WUSB600N

I comprise the identical usb stick. Introduce the CD, then you have to go to device manager and bring up to date driver and position to the cd\drivers\vista32 (or vista64). Works immediately as superior if not recovered than vista. Windows 7 make available a generic Wireless USB LAN driver. Choose "Locate and install a driver physically" commencing the "Update Driver" button from the Driver Properties in apparatus Manager. This worked for my Linksys USB wireless Adapter in Windows 7 64bit.

The Linksys encompass drivers for Windows 7 64-bit additional than merely for description 2. Regrettably I am using description 1. Using vista, or an upgrading version or description from windows bring up to date the most I be able to achieve is 54mbs. Anybody be familiar with why it only runs at 54MBPS. Is there a method to fix this. I have comprised and tried the whole thing I be able to imagine of to get this apparatus working on my desktop.

By means of my PCI card (tribulations similar by means of usb) I be able to go into Device Manager>PCI Linksys card>Advanced and switch 'n' 150Mbps on & off physically there. In addition there is the alternative for controlling on 'dual aerial link' for 'n' 300Mbps speed which is called 'Multimedia/video' Plus settings to regulate, turn on/off 2.4 & 5Ghz bands I did this and it worked.

I cannot get this to run. I encompass modernized my driver to the "WildPackets"(ralink v1.4.0.16) driver and it seems to get additional bars then the linksys one, additional than tranquil merely get 54mbps maximum. Be able to you give me the links of the drivers you utilize that get 130mbps give pleasure to. I encompass windows 7. Here is my setup and subsequent to installing the driver using browser on system and choosing the folder I extracted the description 2 file from on Cisco's maintain page.

Subsequent to Install I in addition had to facilitate N hold up which is the first setting beneath device manager> properties beneath the Linksys USB Stick > advanced tab, which mechanically put out of action at first install so. If you utilize AdHoc N create certain you facilitate this here and uncheck power save in the similar area under the power management tab if you are on a PC.