Thread: Evolution for a G4 server

Evolution for a G4 server

I come to you to research the experience to turn a mirror drive door G4 Honourable under 10.5.8 (not even server) currently it serves as our "server" in fact, a pimp with shared folders that focuses our client file top with some external hard drive containing our photo libraries and other customers. I am facing following problems. Insufficient storage space with internal disk (RAID software super stable), more bays available course, and difficulty finding high-capacity SD IDE. I need solution for these problems.

Re: Evolution for a G4 server

We can easily put a PCI card with external SATA ports, but pick up some boxes for disc and card. We could also take a box RAID LaCie FireWire 800 PCI Card. But ultimately it will not be much cheaper. Especially if one takes into account the power consumption. Hence my advice is to go for the NAS which will be much quieter and energy efficient.

It is certainly not the first youth, but he purrs perfectly and most of all it has committed these things. Regarding the NAS, we have a 2TB LaCie Ethernet Disk (Model No. INNS04-4200-LAC) in RAID 1 (2x1 TB) for our records. Although configured to its max speed transfer rates are atrocious, I take longer to transfer the equivalent of a DVD to the NAS as the G4, and the view content is not super exciting either. It is true that I would like to continue to exploit the current configuration that meets everyone. I forgot to mention that the G4 also share the printer.

A 4-port card or two cards Sata 2 ports for internal drives the 4 locations (possibly in Raid cards). If need an additional card for external ports. The advantage of a private label today is that failure, one can buy a cheap, and it simply put the discs (and possibly the Sata card), switch on and off again. I hope this will help you to solve the problem that you are facing.

In addition, for parts, we have a second MDD is more or less to retirement. I would push the vice until you ask where I could find a 4 port SATA card, it will be better to look at MacWay and one internal port with only 2. I am confident that this will help you to solve the problem that you are facing and can help you in finding the cause of the problem.

Thank you for these valuable advices, I will hasten to find a good address and the rates for one or two cards then little big capacity HDD that I might need to put in another machine, if more recent adventure of mine is to make the soul. I will let you juice the evolution and once again thanks for the reply that you have given for G4 server