Thread: Time connection exceeded on Freebox V4

Time connection exceeded on Freebox V4

I have a v4 freebox few years now, with which I am and have always been connected to my desktop PC via Ethernet. I recently purchased a Macbook Pro running snow leopard, I first connected to the Internet via the Ethernet cable originally dedicated to my PC, and now that I want connect via airport. So I offer a wireless card, I connect to my freebox, I set a modest functions Fi router and the latter, and locate the newly created network via my airport. So I select my network, enters the wep key that I associated with him, and when establishing the connection, an error message appears, namely: "connection timed out". I spent four hours with free hotlines and mac, but in vain, and I count on you to help me, hoping that this problem will be solved.

Re: Time connection exceeded on Freebox V4

On my Livebox, I have to press the pairing button if I want to connect a machine wireless first. On your Freebox, there would be no coincidence the same function? But if there is any coincidence of having the same button then you need to follow the same procedure that I am doing. If you have any other problem then let me know about that I will try to resolve that as soon as possible.

Thank you for the reply that you have given but the problem is that there is no button similar to the button that you are having on your router. Till now I am searching for solution of this problem. If I get any solution for the problem that I am facing I will let you know about that. Anyways thanks for the solution that you have given. I will be waiting for any other reply.

I have a very similar problem: I have a brand-new-all-beautiful imac in the office, with snow leopard. And cannot I connect to the Wifi freebox. Each time, the message "connection timed out" appears.It is very strange because: I can connect to another network via WiFi from the same computer. I can connect to the cable freebox. With other computers running earlier versions (MacBook Pro running Leopard 10.5, MacBook under 10.4, PC), wireless connection to freebox goes smoothly.

I have a Macbook under 6.10 that connects to my carefree Freebox Fi and a laptop all using WIFI, 2 PCs via Ethernet, so far no worries. I have a mac mini in 10.5 that connects wifi regularly, I have a WiFi connection that falls and the message 'connection timeout'. The mac mini update its system is configured to use DHCP but has a fixed IP assigned by the Freebox. I tried everything, DHCP, complete change of type of WEP key and Co, channel switching, wireless network name, reboot the Freebox regular, hard reboot, test other wireless network passing, but nothing is giving me solution for the problem that I am facing.

I am in exactly the same situation as you. The WiFi does not work on my macbook with the famous message "connection timed out". It does not work on my iphone. This time the message is different but the result is the same: "incorrect password" (Do not tell you that the password is actually correct. In short, I see that many of us in the same case but obviously no one have yet succeeded in finding the solution.

Trying to do the advanced thing, there are people on the Internet with the same problem. I read that he had to remove the special characters of network names. It provided no more at home. You can always try. News front of my box, just 10 cm, with iStumbler, I have a signal only 42%. I hope this will help you to solve the problem you are facing.