Thread: Problems with Bridge Networks

Problems with Bridge Networks

I have recently started learning about the networking part, so you can consider me as newbie in this field I am having many problems with Bridge Networks. I think that this is happening with me, because I am not aware about the basic parts that should be known about the bridge networks. So thought that you guys can provide some help regarding it. Please post some notes that should be explaining about the basic concepts of bridge networks.

Re: Problems with Bridge Networks

A bridge has a foot in each network and acts on the link layer (level 2). It is able to pass frames from one network to another so smart. A bridge, after a period of learning, can spot the MAC addresses of nodes on each side of the bridge. It will not let pass from one side to another as the frames that really need to spend, so the traffic on each side is optimized, provided of course that the general architecture has been thought in the sense. Otherwise, you will never Navigation. A bridge is very effective if the two networks A and B hardly communicate with them, otherwise it will be preferable to make the connection via an ethernet cable for example.

A network bridge is independent of higher network layers. In other words, a bridge will work with both TCP / IP protocol with a non-routable (not logical addresses) as NetBEUI. It is imperative that network protocols are the same on each side of the bridge, the exchange takes place at the level of frames. A bridge can not connect two Ethernet networks, one using TCP / IP and the other another protocol (IPX / SPX for example). Two physical networks bridged appear as a single physical network. At the network layer (and upper), the bridge is transparent. This is a crucial detail.

The principle of the bridge is included in the "switches" that could be considered as advanced HUBS, creating bridges between the network cards exchanging data via their MAC addresses. A bridge is a gateway particular, that are used within a single physical network to optimize traffic frames on the network. It can block the waterway if the network layer is configured incorrectly. To delete, you must disable the 2pcs (or more) using it, or even redoing the network layer correctly.

I would like to discuss about the XP network bridge between wired and wireless network. It may be that we want to share an Internet connection to another PC connected in wireless Ad-Hoc, in addition to other PCs connected by a wired network. In this case we create a network bridge between two network interfaces (wired and WiFi) of the PC sharing the same Internet connection. However, some wireless cards can not work this way. Indeed once the bridge created the WiFi is no longer operational.

It may be that we want to share an Internet connection to another PC connected in wireless Ad-Hoc, in addition to other PCs connected by a wired network.
    To solve this little trouble, you must:
    In a back window, type the following command:
    netsh bridge show adapter

Locate the card number by responding more when the bridge is active. If it says that your card is not in compatibility mode then type this:
    netsh bridge set adapt forcecompatmode x = enable

with x in place of the card number displayed after the previous command has.