Thread: Can't download spybot S&D

Can't download spybot S&D

There is some thing wrong randomly happening on my computer every now and then, i thing it is a virus. I am trying to download the spybot search and Destroy and my computer does not allow me to access to the website. The safer-networking website is not accessible, i tried the sane to other system and it worked perfectly. I can't even get to it through Firefox or internet explorer, i finally was try it to download the application from the "download" website, but end up with an error.I have run a run of anti virus but nothing happened to fix the problem.
    Last edited by Madhuchhanda; 31-08-2010 at 09:35 PM.

Re: Can't download spybot S&D

Your computer is affected with an virus attack. You may not be able to access any website from any browser, i also faced these problem for a long time and then my friend suggested me to use a Trojan Remover. Then i downloaded a Trojan remover and scan the whole system with it and the bug was removed and the problem was solved, try this and you will definitely get a solution for it.

your problem is very common and these can be easily solved, you just have to do a custom installation. At the time of installation there is a message for "immediately downloads definition updates", that is why the installer is trying to connect to the web. Just do the custom installation and unchecked the download option and set up will work properly, you will be able to connect to the website that you want.

You definitively have a virus problem in the system and it is most preferably the Trojan. To remove it from the system you have to use the Trojan Remover. There are a number of Trojan remover software available, the Trojan Remover 6.8.2 from the file forum is most recommended. After the scan you will be able to access all the website that you want, this is the solution for your problem.

I have a Trojan Remover on my system which i have downloaded last month, i scan the whole system using it but the problem was not fixed. Is i have to use any specific version of the Trojan Remover to remove the bug or there is another problem in my system. I thing there is another type of virus attack on my computer, please provide me the solution to fix these bug.

Your issue is still with the Trojan only, there is no other virus on the system as you have mentioned that your Trojan remover is one month old then there are chances that it has become outdated. You need to download the lastest version of the Trojan Remover 6.8.2 from any of the official websites providing the anti viruses, this will fix your bug for sure and you will get access to the internet and all the website that you want.

js_pcrepair Guest

I have been doing computer repairs and system management for 10 years now and one of my specialties is IT Security and Malware/Virus Removal.

Spybot S&D (used to be good)... but it, and all those others out there are no match for SUPERAntiSpyware and Malwarebyte's Anti Malware.

The fact is... if you have the type of Trojan that can detect its own removal, then you will NOT be able to download ANY type of remover because it will detect the program stop you from downloading it... no matter what it is. Many of the "FakeAV" and Self-Actuating Trojans can do this.

What you will have to do is:

Get on a clean computer that you can access the internet with and download "SUPERAntiSpyware" ((SAP for short))... There is a 100% Free version that works 100%.

Once you have downloaded it to the clean computer, UPDATE IT. Now, open the C:\Program Files folder and locate the SUPERAntiSpyware Folder. Use a "Flash Drive" and copy THAT folder to the flash drive.

Now, go to the "Infected" computer and start it in SafeMode. Restart the computer, press F8 as it boots, during the Logo screen.
    Choose SafeMode - No Networking. Once you are in SafeMode, put in the flash drive, open it, and copy the SAP folder to the desktop.

Run SAP in Complete Scan Mode.

When it is done, follow the instructions to clean the computer.

Restart it normally and your problems will be gone.

SUPERAntiSpyware and Malwarebyte's Anti Malware are the Two - #1 choices and recommendations of many Computer Techs (at least those that know anything at all about computers).

Once you have cleaned the computer and can get back on the 'Net, go to Malwarebytes Websiteand download the FREE version of Anti-Malware.

Update it and run it (also in Complete Scan Mode) to clean out the rest of the junk that might be hiding.

If you have any more problems, feel free to Email me.
    Last edited by js_pcrepair; 31-08-2010 at 11:10 PM.

The solution provided by you finally worked for me, I downloaded the Latest version of Trojan Remover 6.8.2 from the fileforum website. I installed the remover and scan the whole system and then restarted the computer, I was able to access all my websites. I am grateful to you and will be very thankful if you provide any suggestion in the future. The Trojan remover works in these type of bugs.