Thread: Eset Virus Protection - Win32/Toolbar.AskSbar - BackItUp.exe

Eset Virus Protection - Win32/Toolbar.AskSbar - BackItUp.exe

Hi friends, I have a problem regarding the downloaded file. I have Eset smart security 4 antivirus. But I am not able to find out that my problem that whether related to my antivirus or the downloaded file. Which I download from the official nero site. Actually problem is that when I start to download any file and checked it by antivirus then it doesn't show any virus. But when I save this file on my pc in drive D in save folder. And after downloading this file when I scan my downloaded file then it show virus. The downloaded file from the nero site is MoveIt and BackItUpAndBurn. And show that Nero_BackItUpAndBurn-1.2.17b.exe application with the Win32/Toolbar.AskSBar as a potentially unwanted application. So please if anyone have solution then suggest me.

Re: Eset Virus Protection - Win32/Toolbar.AskSbar - BackItUp.exe

Hi SajalSOFT, I am an employee in nero community. So I just want to inform that we always check the web versions of our software regarding to virus infection before offering them for download. I think this problem you get because of the older version antivirus software that is Eset virus protection. Just try to update it and then do it I think you won't face the problem. Or it is happen because of the false key. You just get the new key and try that key. I hope it will surely fix your problem.

Same problem I was also facing. But I got the from my uncle who is software engineer. He suggest me and then I also did the same thing my problem get solved. I think you should also try that one. First thing that make sure that your antivirus software is up to date. And even though if it is recognizing viruses etc. in the nero installation files then contact the software producer of your antivirus software for this problem. And ya if problem occur with the nero then they pass this information then it won't occur in the future. So just update your antivirus software and it will fix this problem.

I was also facing the problem some days back and then I asked this to malware expert. Then he suggest me that he also doesn't have trust on AskBar because first thing is that it promotes its toolbars on sites and then targeted to kids. After that it promotes its toolbars through ads which is appear to be part of the other companies sites. And then it promotes its toolbars through other companies' spyware. Then it makes confusing changes to user's browsers by increasing ask's revenues while taking users to pages they didn't intend to visit. So I now I also doesn't use it so much of time.

I am not able to understand one thing here so can you tell me why you did this. you don't have to install the toolbar. actually at the time of installation it asks you that if you want to install it or not. I fyou really don't want to install it then simply ignore it by clicking the button don't install it. So I am not able to understand that what is the problem here ?

Hey, I am also facing the same problem regarding this topic. Actually I know it is simple that by clicking the don't install button but the real problem is that I have done that also but even though it is picked by the Eset antivirus scan, So I think there is problem even if the toolbar is not installed. So can any one tell me now what to do ?

I think it is good that you are using Eset antivirus software. But why don't you try other antivirus software. Have you heard that it's on top ten best antivirus software of 2010? I am giving some sntiviruses name which you can find some reviews about that software and also about the other software. You just go for these antivirus like kaspersky antivirus, Bitdefender Antivirus and Avg antivirus I think these antiviruses fix your problem.