Thread: Which routers are IPv6 enabled?

Which routers are IPv6 enabled?

I am searching for the router that are IPv6 enabled, I have searched for the information related to that but I am not able to find any useful information. I think this forum can help to provide the related and detail information about the routers those are IPv6 enabled. I will be waiting for the related reply. Thanks in advance for the information.

Re: Which routers are IPv6 enabled?

Well on the bases of IOS that is loaded on the Cisco router it will definitely support IPv6. If you are looking for the home routers then I am not having information related to that. But I have not seen any of the out of the box since there is not a big demand for the IPv6 in SOHO (Small office/home office) networks. But the thing is that I am not having the idea of DD-WRT firmware that can work on the home routers will support IPv6.

I am sure that the Netgear is working for developing the IPv6 for the small business and also for home use. But the thing is that the internal communication that is provided with IPv4 is also not bad, I mean they are also providing a good solution. There are very limited number of copiers and printer that understand IPv6 communication.

More secure, more powerful and has an unlimited addressing, IPv6 is needed to meet growing Internet terminals. However, its adoption remains very slow. Back on the success of IPv4 and IPv6 presentation by the OEM Allied Telesis. The creators of the Internet probably did not suspect them of the success was going to have this technology, nor do they never imagined the extent of social and commercial will follow.

According me IP protocol is to cut each message into packets. They can follow a route variable before reaching their destination where they are reassembled to reconstitute the original message. It is also known as protocol "connectionless" because there is no continuous connection between two devices that communicate. In a network, each device has its own IP address; this allows the IP protocol to ensure that information packets arrive at their intended destination.

IPv6 is necessary because of the increasing number of Internet users and systems and the convergence of services in a common infrastructure. In addition, IPv6 opens up market opportunities for wireless devices, P2P networks and "smart house". The market for wireless IP service requires a low latency, always active, accessible and has an auto-roaming. In turn, a P2P network allows a group of computers communicate directly with each other rather than through a central server, eliminating the expense and time associated with management of all traffic on the server.

As far as I know having more addresses eliminates the Network Address Translation (NAT), which represents an important advance. The NAT system has extended the use of IPv4 by allowing multiple devices behind a router to share the same global IP address. However, it complicates the resolution of network problems, the administration and implementation of security protocols like IPsec. IPv6 eliminates the NAT and the associated problems, thereby establishing a safe end to end, seamless and flawless. IPv6 requires authentication and encryption, which are provided by IPsec.