Thread: How to connect a Mac OS X 10.5.x with Airport card to Livebox?

How to connect a Mac OS X 10.5.x with Airport card to Livebox?

I am having the problems while connecting Mac OS X to the LiveBox. I am using an Airport card for connecting my OS to the LiveBox. I am tried to do lot of things but nothing helped me.! I think that I may be going wrong while configuring the connection. I am not an expert in this field. So thought that you guys can help me in solving my problem. Please tell me how to connect a Mac OS X 10.5.x with Airport card to Livebox? I think that I have explained enough about my problem. I am expecting some responses from your side as early as possible.

Re: How to connect a Mac OS X 10.5.x with Airport card to Livebox?

The following steps are useful for configuring your connection via the Advanced option :
    1. In the menu bar, click the Apple icon and select System Preferences
    2. The System Preferences window appears. In the category Internet & Network, click the Network icon.
    3. Then select AirPort from the left menu. If Airport is off, click Turn AirPort On.
    4. Verify that the options Ask conect to new networks and Show AirPort status in menu bar is checked.
    5. Click the Advanced ... button, the window appears directly in the network configuration on AirPort tab (if this is not the case, click on that tab).
    6. Click on the + located below the Preferred Networks area to add your wireless network connection.
    7. A window appears, asking the network name to add. Click the View button to view the networks list of access point range.
    8. Select your Livebox in the list and enter the security key (WEP) in the Password field. The security key is indicated on the label of your Livebox.
    9. You can check the Show the password for the key appears in clear during the seizure, which limits the errors.
    10. Check the box Remember this network if you think you connect regularly on this wireless network.
    11. If you have a Livebox, put your Livebox in pairing mode.
    12. Click the Add button.
    13. The Network window appears and displays a summary of connected interfaces. The AirPort indicator light is green.
    14. Your wireless connection Airport is now operational. Launch your browser to test the display of web pages.

AirPort technology developed by Apple is simply the Wi-Fi Now all Macs integrate this technology AirPort and can easily connect via Wi-Fi to the Livebox. I think that following the steps mentioned by the 'Zachary', will help you. You have two ways to configure your wireless Airport:
    • Independently via the advanced options of Mac OSX
    • So assisted by a wizard that guides you step by step.

I have posted some steps useful for configuring your connection with the Wizard :
    1. From the Network window, click the Wizard button. ... A new window appears, click a new button wizard.
    2. The Network Setup Wizard window appears. Enter a name in the Configuration name and click Continue.
    3. Select I use Airport to connect wirelessly to the Internet and click Continue.3
    4. Select your Livebox in the list and enter the security key (WEP) in the Password field. The security key is indicated on the label of your Livebox.
    5. In the new window that appears, click Continue.
    6. Do not ignore this message, click OK.
    7. Click Finish.
    8. The Network window appears and displays a summary of connected interfaces. The AirPort indicator light is green.

Your wireless connection Airport is now operational. Launch your browser to test the display of web pages.