Thread: Acer Aspire One Wireless Connection Issue

Acer Aspire One Wireless Connection Issue

I know that it will sound silly to most of you but I am getting unable to get my new Acer Aspire One connected with my wireless internet.

I just have a Mac wireless connected through the Linksys Wireless-G Cable Gateway that is going well . I purchased a MSi Wind and near about after 8 hours of operation to solve with the Linksys, Comcast, MSi the conclusion was that the wireless card in the Wind must be broken. I thought that I need to return this back and purchase an Acer because it was on sale and will meet my requirements and I could move into the store to find this.

Re: Acer Aspire One Wireless Connection Issue

I need to know some computer specification regarding the same. Would you tell me that which one operating system you have installed on your acer ? Do you have installed any type of security setup on the wireless ?There is one settings regarding the address filtering means have you enabled the mac address filtering ? We require a lot more details about the network. What is the actually model you are running with the linksys gateway?

I have installed the Windows XP onto the Acer laptop . The wireless security is a WEP code which I have entered. I am not sure about the concept regarding the mac address filtering is or the procedure to make that enable/disable. The linksys is a Wireless-G Cable Gateway model WCG200.

My network actually was configured up with an older desktop computer with Windows XP connected physically to the Linksys and a Mac (OS X) laptop is connected using wireless procedure. I think, this answers will provide you some idea to solve my issues .

Are you sure that you are entering the WEP code properly and correct on the acer ? Who have configured up your wireless security ?

One more thing also, have you performed the installation of recent drivers for the wireless card connected ? What I use to do for WEP is copy the same within the notepad that way I am able to copy and paste the key within the windows without any problems. I would also need some discussion with your friend on what he helped with when configuring up the wireless.

I am sure that I am just issuing proper and absolute WEP and in proper manner. I have performed the same so many times, checked and rechecked it again and again . I have finished this on the Mac system , with the same code specified , when I got a new one hard drive and it moved feasible for that. A friend supported me to configure up the wireless but we did not replaced the security code from what it was when we first configured this up.

Thanks again