Thread: Setting Up a Small Business Network

Setting Up a Small Business Network

I want to do the setting for small business network. Since, you guys have helped me a lot, I thought to ask you guys about this topic. Please provide some information about setting up a Small Business Network that can be useful for me. Any other notes that can be helpful while setting the network would be grateful. Also I think that it would be better for me to understand if I get some pictorial view of small business network. Hope that you guys will help me to solve my problem (as usual).

Re: Setting Up a Small Business Network

I think that you should know some basic things about the small business network before setting it up. Networking your computers and other computer equipment you can share files, databases, printers and connections Internet. It can also run software like intranets to optimize teamwork. In short, the networks promote efficiency, productivity and collaboration.To configure the small office network in this scenario, you must perform the following steps:
    1. Install and configure network adapters.
    2. Install the Routing and remote access.
    3. Add routing protocols on each router.
    4. Install and configure the DHCP relay agent.
    5. Install a WINS server or DNS name.

If you are using operating system Windows XP, then the following points would be useful for you :
    1. Workstation
    2. Panel
    3. Network connection
    4. And in your left menu, there is "create a home network" or I know what. And you click above
    5. For the pc that has the modem, you'll have to check "this pc is connected to the internet .. and the other PC connects via the PC".
    6. And for your other pc using your network.
    PC connects and you'll have to do the same except that you check as that "this computer connects through another computer on the network".

The following are the list control for the network :
    • Wired connections. You can put your PC into a network using cable or wireless connections. Desktops and business notebooks are equipped with a jack cable network, similar to a telephone jack. You can connect each PC to a central switch using an accessory connection cheap (or often called Cat 5 Ethernet cable). Thus, each networked PC communicates with others.
    • Wireless Networks. Many computers can connect to a network without physical cable, using a wireless connection. Sometimes called Wi-Fi or 802.11 wireless network through the walls and can more easily move your computer. The best approach is to create an integrated network (wired and wireless) to get the best of both.

The following are the list control for the network
    Even I would like to discuss about the same. The following are some more points :
    • Bandwidth. The speed of a network is called bandwidth. For wired connections, it is typically 10, 100 or 1000 megabits per second. Wireless connections are slower up to 11 Mbps for 802.11b version, 54 Mbps 802.11g version and 300 Mbit / s for the draft 802.11n (which is the newest and fastest ). For many startups, a bandwidth of 10/100 (wired) or 802.11b / g (wireless) will suffice. However, if you intend to use multimedia applications frequently or share large files, you may want to migrate to higher speeds offered by Gigabit (1000 Mbps) and 802.11n solutions.
    • Secure Your Network. Given that the network connects your computer systems, it is a vital link in the security of your business. You must protect against the interception of data by intruders. To block any intrusion, use the integrated security features like encryption of wireless networks.
    • Get help if needed. It is easy to configure network. Just follow the instructions provided with the access point and the PC. However, it is sometimes useful to request assistance from a professional in order to secure your network and optimize performance.

You will have to know about the control that can access your network.
    • Authenticate users based on the logon recommendations before they are contracted access to the network using industry standard mechanisms such as authentication, IEEE 802.1x/MAC or Web.
    • Prevent access by unauthorized devices connected to the network by blocking and MAC addresses enduringly assigned. For instance, a small business you are setting up a network for your recruits could ban everything but their own resources to see computers on the network.
    • Sustain control of your wireless network through management of guest users, giving them access to the resources they need while protecting the areas of network intended only for recruits.
    • Identify rules to allow or forbid certain types of network traffic with Access Control Lists (ACL).