Thread: Active directory integrated DNS after NetApp clone - Server 2003

Active directory integrated DNS after NetApp clone - Server 2003

I had set up my DNS server manually. For that I had enabled dynamic update and the same settings are for the reverse lookup. Then I test my DNS server with single application and then recursive application. But there was failure. This looks normal because I have no other DNS server. Then I go up Active Directory and then clicked on domain controller for a new domain. But that also is not working.

Re: Active directory integrated DNS after NetApp clone - Server 2003

An active directory does not install without a DNS server, this tutorial is also good evidence to show you that the DNS server must be installed. Before starting the installation of our active directory and our server dns sure you have configured a fixed IP address your server. Check and made attention to the name of your server, not the name of this machine is already used on the network.

Also make sure you have installed the dns service to do this go to your Control Panels, Add / Remove Programs, then add or remove Windows Components, click Networking service to access information, and in details check the system dns. Use the Wizard for that it will help you clearly to work with DNS server support. Look for some nice video support.

The domain name system or DNS (Domain Name Sever) is a database for translating hostnames into IP addresses. DNS resolves the main problem in connecting computers to an intranet or internet, it is indeed much easier to remember names than numbers. Like a telephone directory, the system uses domain names matching names with IP addresses. So you might need to work on the configuration more.

A DNS zone file is a database. Each field or group of areas included in a zone file is a member of the same DNS zone. There are two types of standard zones they are the direct and reverse lookups. A forward lookup zone: based on the name to IP address resolution. A reverse lookup zone: back based on the resolution to IP address resource.

For Windows 2000 Server, DNS Server service has been carefully integrated into the design and implementation of Active Directory. Two significant changes should be recorded when the Windows 2000 DNS servers are deployed with Active Directory. DNS is necessary when the location of domain controllers running Windows 2000. The service logon network uses DNS servers supported for newly register domain controllers in your area of DNS domain names.

A delegation for this DNS server cannot be created because the authoritative parent zone cannot be found or it Does not run Windows DNS server. If you are an existing Integrating with DNS infrastructure then you should manually create a delegation to this DNS server in the parent area to Ensure reliable name resolution from outside the domain. This might work.