Thread: Homemade Server Racks

Homemade Server Racks

I plan to buy components to build a server rack, only I do not really know what to choose for the box, I intend to spend $ 200 max (postage included) to the box, yet I found stuff not bad at Xcas, and cheap. I intend to do a system balanced between silence and the power (used in an office, so no big fan like what you find on some servers. I intend to use an ATX motherboard with a processor that will surely be the AM2 (AMD so), I would add hard drives as SATA and is (I started with 1 or 2) at the cooling system I want the iMac's fans controlled by the motherboard for the silence, I do not really know which of the housing will be more efficient at cooling? Please suggest.

Re: Homemade Server Racks

I prefer to have a rack because I already other servers and I may buy it later to install a bay in supermicro and I wish it well but more expensive. Finally I was advised that the IRC:it is true that he looks not bad, plus it can be used as a tower. All with a few molex converter to 4pins molex pins for the fans to be able to connect to the CM. In fact if you look good or I put the boxes have 4 iMac's fan. I try not something extremely silent, I just want something quieter than my Compaq DL360 G2 is heard throughout the house.

I started with the type material and nslu2 linksys router wrt54g but also we are still limited in terms of quickly "power" if you want to add services. For my part, I had run on this equipment the following services: heyu, apache, php, Twonky Media, samba, ntpd, rsyncd, mumudvb in test. If the router wireless wrt54g: with box of fai integrated whole I no longer useful, its small 4-port switch is the only thing I will miss, in short, better to buy a bigger switch dlink gigabyte green ethernet example. I had no Ethernet port.

Microsoft will launch a media server for the home, based on Windows Server 2003. Computers can connect over WiFi, but they are not alone. Some MP3 players, game consoles, and other wireless devices can be recognized. Windows Home Server will store their pictures, music files, and especially their digital video, large consumers of disk space required to make a major breakthrough in the years to come. Many users already have a wireless server at home, based on an old PC. What is Windows Home Server offers new? The ability to save the contents of each evening all terminals. The possibility of access to data away from home by remote connection. Or the ability to facilitate the exchange of files from one device to another.

In a datacenter, the heat comes mainly computer equipment. Most often, these rack servers or blade servers, which aspire to cold air (flow blue and green) and before discharge of hot air (flow green and yellow) from behind. Placed in a cabinet, these servers are subjected, in addition, warm air flows from bottom to top.

I install ESX Server on the material and inserted between it and the system Operating a robust virtualization layer . ESX partitions a physical server into multiple virtual machines portable and secure, able to run in parallel on the same server. Each virtual machine represents a complete system ( processors , memory, networking , storage and BIOS) to enable Windows operating systems , Linux, Solaris and NetWare and software applications to run in an environment virtualized without any modification. Sharing resources server on multiple virtual machines increases the rate hardware utilization and dramatically reduces investments