Thread: HP MediaSmart Server - Itunes will not stay enabled

HP MediaSmart Server - Itunes will not stay enabled

The server discovery and collection of my iTunes library, but once it has finished copying all the songs, it is from the "Enable" to "Disabled." When I re-enable it, it can be seen in my network of about 10-15 seconds, then disable it and disappear. I have to speak HP, but so far they have not solved the problem. We have information from the server to delete the iTunes library, and allow it to re-obtain the same results database. iTunes streams from the server, and public library is being filled, but the disabled to complete.

Re: HP MediaSmart Server - Itunes will not stay enabled

My guess is that there is a document or thing is to make them collapse. As a headless machine, it is difficult to resolve the Windows Home Server, but here's how to get to the server console the general use of Windows Terminal Services (Start -> "Run -" mstsc log). Then, delete the file and start the firefly server songs3.db. It will focus on the crankshaft, the index period of music. At some point it will crash. When it is, take a look at the log file in c: \ program files \ firefly media server \ firefly.log. It attempts to find the last song index and moving manner. Then restart and repeat necessary. "\

The storage and data backup are two important elements not to be neglected in computing. Since I still stores, centralizes and stores all my data on a server, I share through my home network and family, which allows me to access my data anywhere securely. Today our computers can store more data but they are not 100% reliable. We always want more respect gigabytes but it must always be the "if" to avoid the worst situations . Every bit to get there: lightning storm, glass of water in the portable hard drive grilled short, I always made my arrangements deal with these problems and I've never regretted.

The HP MediaSmart comes with a Windows Home Server preinstalled, so the configuration consists of a few clicks thanks to the famous "Next" button. It is therefore not necessary to know something about to install this server, you just insert a CD into a computer connected to the network. The system was installed on the server also means installing client software on this post. This lets you configure the server at will and its many services, but a more classic with a remote desktop access will do exactly the same thing.

By default I have a little less than a terabyte of storage available, usable through shares predefined directory. I manually copy a few hundred files in the appropriate directories, I also copy all of my MP3s, movies and some pictures of my repertoire. I have these data via the Internet through a service at HP includes with my purchase, I can also wake up the remote server if it is off and so to share my files to my family and friends through a rights management reliable access.

HP MediaSmart Server Itunes will not stay enabled

I can also set backups complete system for computers connected to my network, provided you install the client software for Windows Home Server. Again a very simple installation wizard makes this possible. First I set up a daily full backup of my laptop, then I also configured a backup for the second day of the laptop apart. We use both Windows Vista, so there is no compatibility issues. I have not tested for a PC that runs on another system.

On this kind of configuration are careful to configure the mirror disk. Without this little precaution if one disk fails you lose your valuable data. The best would be to provide a RAID 3 disk hot plug, but I do not know if this kind of housing permits. Besides, the mirror is there software (config windows) or is there a RAID card in the home server?

Appears to be the same problem as I had, basically firefly server stops and won't display the server because it's discovered a song with 0 kb. I had to turn on debugging and set the level high enough so it stops at the offending song. Delete that and it will all work.

If you google it, you should be able to find the instructions as I no longer have them