Thread: Sonicwall Firewall NAT Policy

Sonicwall Firewall NAT Policy

I want a firewall for my company in $ 1500. My bete noire is: the notebooks on the road that will connect from the outside. I seek a solution with VPN, with the possibility of connecting with a VPN client not exotic, and therefore rather consistent and serious. Roughly 15 to 20 for remote maintenance (output) and 4 / 5 incoming potential (for now). Between ZyWALL F70 (intrusion detection but not good perf and looks very honest at this price) and netask F50 (Intrusion Detection and but not too found of doc directors on) my heart scales. Also I would like to know your opinion that you know, administration interface, encountered various problems, compatibility, and the most important Nat policies.

Re: Sonicwall Firewall NAT Policy

I am not sure that this will help you or not but we are working with the ZyWall 35 and I find it pretty quick, and stable, SHIFT regular firmware, QoS etc., in short, a good experience with Zyxel. Compatible VPN with SSH Sentinel, TheGreenBow. Otherwise I do not know Netasq F50. As I have said that I am not sure that it will help but you can try this.

About the ZyWALL 35: "35 simultaneous IPSec VPN Connections" not have to use the hotline since the ZyWALL 35 is still superstition. You can get more information from its official site. Otherwise, I think the ZyWALL 70 is a very good choice. Incidentally, I spoke highly of Watch guard, but difficult to find. If you have any other issue then let me know.

This is true but comment one hand I did not find info on VPN clients compatible (but I may be strung on the subject) or the rest elsewhere (DMZ) so I found rather quickly for the other two, so I may not searched enough, but it must decide one day. So I am tempted by the ZyWALL, but good intrusion detection gave me the eye. Maybe is there another way to make detection but I do not think. But thank you for SonicWALL.

The sonic well there’s an option and AVG IDS network. For it has its own VPN client and there is even an extended customer who applies the filter. We must take the enhanced version to get all the possibilities of this firewall (ds this option is therefore trvaille and objects in effective manage groups of users profiles). For NAT, DMZ there’s all here. The enhanced version provides even load balancing in dual wan. You can divide your LAN easily and lots of other options. SonicWALL I chose because it was one of the best quality / price. By cons, if you have large number of VPN and the range and more sophisticated for netask here. But if it is a simple SonicWALL VPN then be more interesting.

Quick VPN for now 15 in Max, 50 VPN client is connected nickel by cons have its own VPN client, we have already had to set the cisco client is run when you want to connect a client to us and I find it very heavy. In fact any random questions: Is Site to Site VPN can connect managed by a Cisco (rightly) has no more information for now: aim to blow up the cisco client on the PC's LAN.

I have not found the client vpn expensive? Can we generate an auth by IP, other. Web management, application SonicWALL? Viewpoint must be taken to monitor the IDS? Again thank you very much for the information for the moment my choice would be SonicWALL 170 and ZyWALL 70 (seduced by the Administration) NETASQ F50. It seems to have to pay for each option?

This is when the worm Sonciwall enhanced I strongly advise you. Anyway we cannot upgraded after and the admin browser. Nodes for them so I think that the VPN client is a little confusion. But I read on the docs site to site c pr 10 max, 50 max in vpn client. In my installer on Windows VPN client or Greenbow also works. But it will still pay the VPN clients. Otherwise here also works for Cisco c on because when I saw the demo ran on the other site cisco. My own Sonic since I took on a quality / price / safety for use VPN average is one of the top and if I put the same infrastructure in the Cisco I put a 0 in addition to the total ds prices.