Thread: Configuring WHS on D-Link DI-624

Configuring WHS on D-Link DI-624

I have configured the Virtual Servers for the protocols specified as 80,443,4125 and have them working with the server's IP address (Within the Private IP on the router), but when I moved ahead with the Domain Name and Router details within the Remote Access option within Settings, the setup environment for 'Verifying your router is accepting Web site connections', 'Verifying your router is accepting Remote Access connections', and 'Verifying your network configuration' entirely redirected back with the red X sign that indicates the unacceptable error . I also found the red X when I activate the Domain Name Details with the options 'Verifying your Web site is accessible from the Internet' and 'Verifying Remote Access is accessible from the Internet'. This did redirected back in well manner that the router supports the UPnP and configure the settings to the router's firewall.

Re: Configuring WHS on D-Link DI-624

I also have a DI-624 rev c with the firmware version 2.76. and all the time as soon as it would perform the UPnP, some stupid thing would reconfigure fine as it got to verifying the incoming connections. I have configured the RDP rule within the firewall, configure the rules for http and https over virtual server tab, and then after it performs well . Oh yeah, I configure the static IP for the server also. I am not sure why it is like , some other components sends upnp config data to the router and it goes well (games, utorrent, etc.). There is no more red Xs after this.

You need not to work with the virtual servers configuration in this situation , it does not perform the port forwarding properly .Just move to the Firewall tab (According to me , been a while since I have used one) and configure the ports with the manual procedure there. I would suggest you to swap out your router for a good one in this case. Linksys/Netgear make far better home routers.

There is a simple method to get the desired result with the DI624. All you have to do is just enable the DMZ option for the IP address of the Windows Home Server. First of all, you have to check out the server address by searching at the "DHCP" view on the router.

After that select "WAN" connection and then after go for the "Advanced" and then Choose "DMZ" button from the left of the screen. Select "Enabled" option tagged as the radio button then provide the IP address of the server and click on the "Apply" button to save the changes . You should now be up and functioning.

I have read the whole specified reply and considered something here. You also have to share your ideas on the same . establishing something just as the Windows Home Server into the DMZ is a worst concept in this case. This is commonly forwards all unmanaged traffic to your Windows Home Server. You have to discuss a site the same as portforward dot com to find out how you configure up your router to forward specific ports.

I am running with a Linksys BEFSR81 version stated as 4, it is a wired and latest model which is recently introduced . The latest version has what it takes to perform the installation of Windows Home Server properly .

It is an update, still working with the Linksys BEFSR81 version 4 and have been through several configurations and so on. It is still hitting with the Auto-Configure and have not had to perform anything.