Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

slirsredirect.search.aol.com

Networking & Security

Old 17-08-2010

slirsredirect.search.aol.com

I have computer which is running on the Windows Vista operating system but I am using a Mozilla Firefox web browser for surfing the internet. But since from last 3-4 days my computer has infected by the virus “slirsredirect.search.aol.com” which automatically redirect my web browser to the another web site. I want to remove virus from my computer. Please help me to solve my problem.

Old 17-08-2010

Re: slirsredirect.search.aol.com

To remove this virus you have to install one of the best antivirus application on your computer. Which will help you to remove this virus from your computer. I would like to suggest you to install the Quick heal antivirus application on your computer. And after installing this software application on your computer you have to update the latest virus definition before scanning to your system.
Old 17-08-2010

Slirsredirect.search.aol is a browser hijacker which modifies the hompage settings in Internet and FireFox through Whatsfind.com and redirects users to http://Slirsredirect.search.aol.com The Slirsredirect.search.aol.com browser hijacker displays frequently after downloading shady media codec or ActiveX updates through uncertain adult web sites.
Old 17-08-2010

Trend Micro HijackThis is a free utility that generates an in depth report of registry and file settings from your computer. HijackThis makes no separation between safe and unsafe settings in its scan results giving you the ability to selectively remove items from your machine. In addition to this scan and remove capability HijackThis comes with several tools useful in manually removing malware from a computer.
Old 18-08-2010

System Restore is a feature built into Windows XP and Windows ME that allows users to "roll back" to restore specific items without affecting data files. A restore point is created automatically (if System Restore is enabled) when new software and / or drivers are installed. If there is a problem with the installation of System Restore allows a user to select a restore point (a date) to return to. The problem here is this, if a computer is infected with viruses, spyware and / or advertising that a restore point is created, this material back to the restore point will re-infect the computer.
Old 20-08-2010

1. Restart the computer in Safe Mode.
2. Click Start , click Run , type cmd and press ENTER.
3. Type the following command and press ENTER:
CD% ProgramFiles% \ Microsoft Windows OneCare Live
4. Type SafeModeAVScanner , offer the options provided by the technical support department and then press ENTER.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,