Thread: Streaming from Mac Mini to LG BluRay

Streaming from Mac Mini to LG BluRay

Hi-
    I've been trying to determine if I get set up a DLNA server, using my Mac Mini, to stream to my wifi-equipped LB BluRay player. I've turned on sharing, etc., but the BluRay doesn't find my computer.

Do I need to install some server software to run on my Mac in order for this to work?

Cone

Re: Streaming from Mac Mini to LG BluRay

You can use Make MKV's streaming server to send the Blu-ray video to VLC, which can then play it with 5.1 AC3 or DTS audio. My quad-core hackintoshes can, but my 2 gHz Core 2 Duo GMA950 Mini cannot. You can read more about how to stream from here - Mac Streaming on Blu-Ray Players

Convert/Merge Panasonic SD707 AVCHD videos to Mac Mini Home Theater NAS

If you are building home network with Mac Mini as NAS for home theater system, you may also want to connect the network media player, which is hooked with HDTV like Plasma TV in the living room. After taking movies of your holidays or the family movies with AVCHD camcorders like Panasonic SD707, you may also want to merge them before playing and sharing via NAS.
    Aunsoft Video Converter for Mac is the recommended AVCHD video merger on Mac OS X for you to make the HD videos supported by Mac Mini and different media players. You can convert and merge Panasonic SD707 AVCHD videos to MOV for home theater with just a few clicks.

Follow the simple guide below, and you can upload Panasonic SD700 movies to Mac, convert and merge the AVCHD footage in high quality.
    Step 1. Import SD707 AVCHD files to Aunsoft Video Converter for Mac.
    Use USB cable to connect Panasonic SD707 to iMac/MacBook Pro, run Aunsoft Video Converter for Mac as the best AVCHD video to Mac Mini converter. Click the "Add" button to browse the .mts or .m2ts files from the AVCHD directory like AVCHD > BDMV > STREAM.
    Step 2. Choose HD MOV format.
    Click the "Format" option, and choose HD Video > H.264 HD Video(*.mov) as output format. The Mac AVCHD to QuickTime converter will transcode camcorder videos to H.264 .mov in full HD 1920x1080 resolution. To get high quality videos, click the "Settings" button to change the bit rate and frame rate according to the original files.

Step 3. Merge SD700 AVCHD files.
    Tick the checkbox for "Merge into one file", and you will get one file as output with the sequence listed on the application.
    Step 4. Convert Panasonic AVCHD files to MOV for Mac Mini.
    Click the convert button under the preview window, the video to Mac Mini converter will start converting 1080p 1080i AVCHD files into one QuickTime MOV file in high quality.
    After the conversion, you can enjoy the joined AVCHD videos on HDTV via media player, streaming from Mac Mini.
    Last edited by Maqbool; 04-03-2011 at 11:05 AM. Reason: External Links Not Allowed, Removed The Same.

Hey thanks for making such a nice post regarding the conversion of the video to Mac format. I have been going through the same problem where i am unable to decide about the same. If you can then explore more about the same issue and also let me know where should i download this from. Expecting quick response from you.