Thread: Server Error 998: Access to the account was denied

Server Error 998: Access to the account was denied

I using the hotmail account with the Outlook express but my problem is that i can not send the email through my account. Whenever i am trying to send the mail i am getting error:

"Access to the account was denied. Verify that your username and password are correct. Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: 'Forbidden', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 998, Socket Error: 87, Error Number: 0x800CCC33"

I am unable to resolve this if any one is having knowledge regarding the same then suggest me. Thanks in advance.

Re: Server Error 998: Access to the account was denied

I think your problem is with the SMTP server or the forwarding of the port which might not working properly and that is why you are getting the issue with the same. If possible then change the port for the SMTP server which might not be working with the same that you are going to use. So try the same and see whether it is working or not.

Make the following setting in the system of your using the Outlook and see whether it is working for you or not and see whether it is working for you or not.
    1. Mail type: POP
    2. Incoming Mail Server: pop3.live.com
    3. Username: <Email address>
    4. Password: <Password>
    5. Port #: 995
    6. Encryption: SSL
    7. Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.live.com
    8. Use Atuthentication: ON
    9. Username: <Email address>
    10. Password: < password>
    11. Port #: 25
    12. Encryption: TLS

If you are moving from DAV to POP3, there are a few important differences. With POP3, there is no synchronizing. For example, if you read an e-mail message in Outlook Express the message will be unread if you view your Hotmail account on the web. Also, only messages in your Hotmail Inbox will display in Outlook Express. Other folders, and any messages in them, will not be displayed.
    Follow this for more info.

adelfjohanason Guest

I am using Yahoo account but My problem is that i can not access my Yahoo account.whenever I am trying to access my account mail.so i geting error:"Access to the account was denied:Verify that your username and password" I am unable to resolve this the problem

If nothing is working for you and you are still having the problem then i will advise you to contact the Window Live Help community where the expert are resolving the problem by providing the solution for the same. Just go to the same and register your query and find the solution regarding the problem of yours.

First let me know which protocol you are using to send he message? If you are using the DAV protocol and getting this error message then it is obvious to get the same as the Microsoft is not having support for this. Microsoft decommissioned the DAV protocol. So the hotmail will not work with the same.