Thread: "Users" folder shared without restrictions

"Users" folder shared without restrictions

I consider the accurate method to testing is accomplished by using Windows 7 RC as my exclusive OS. And that's what I am doing right at present. When you have comprise basically one OS on your system, you feel similar to the tribulations arriving must be corrected immediately or instantaneously. Let me share by means of you one of the tribulations I discovered in excess of my Windows 7 system today. I am on a home network at present, using a home wireless "router" attached to a cable modem and the cable modem is the gateway to the Internet. This is an attractive common arrangement these days. The system which I am using is a notebook by means of a wireless G correlation. I have by no means configured my Windows 7 homenetwork subsequent to installing the system. Additional than I keep in mind being asked to select between private and public. The thing is I have selected "private". I need some help here if you have any suggestion related to the topic then you can post your reply here.

Re: "Users" folder shared without restrictions

At present I was "surfing" confuse the homenetwork (that has 5 computers) and excavation was listed. What wedged my concentration was that there was a folder name "users" completed opened beneath my system's name. Immediately clicking on the folder "users" I discovered that the complete folder was been exposed. The entire the files, the entire the subfolders. I changed the homenetwork from private to "public". That completed no dissimilarity to the sharing of the "users" folder. As an alternative then, I chose to right hit it off the folder "C:\Users" and make sure for its sharing alternatives. I was astonished that it was shared previously. At present, follow me, if I share beneath Windows Vista or 7 a subfolder of the folder "users", the entire the folders before it determine to be exposed, additional than basically the folders names. What occurred here is that the entire the files and subfolders of the folder "users" were been exposed.

I am using Windows 7 Enterprise. In this you have to go to Control Panel / Folder Options / View TAB.s scroll down to where it say's "you have to utilize Sharing Wizard (Recommended)" and eliminate the create certain mark. Doing this determine to protect the Users directory from being mechanically shared whenever several folder is physically shared. I recommend navigating to the Users folder and regulating the sharing settings to resolve their tribulations. You be able to right hit it off on the folder and hit it off Properties, then hit it off the Sharing tab, then select the Advanced Sharing button. Then you have to eliminate to create certain mark from Share this folder and at the end hit it off OK.

Yes, I originate that on my network as well. (Similar config.). Additional than the files within were not capable to be opened or changed. Additional than in my case it was not the "Users" folder, it was the "Public" folder. Imagine how numerous information in sequence somebody be able to catch from you immediately by looking to the names of the private files and folders. This is a big serious sanctuary tribulation. Several word on why sharing the complete Users folder is defaulting behavior in the Windows 7 RC. It seems dangerous, in view of the fact that I imagine most users do not browse their own shares unless they are troubleshooting sharing tribulations.

I imagine Windows be supposed to not share no matter which by defaulting. I am thinking of people innovative to systems that connect unswervingly to the internet using a cable modem they would be sharing by means of the complete world and not even be familiar with it. Microsoft likes to talk how safe there systems are. I am using the Windows 7 Release Candidate and I got the similar tribulations. Using Share scan 2.45 programs, I become aware of that my Users folder is shared on the network that has in excess of 200 systems, and I have comprise actually private data in my <username> folder.

Presently realized this myself and came to give the impression of being if somebody had previously posted regarding it. I have comprise the similar 'characteristic' as the original poster. This is extremely serious IMO and requirements fixing. I (similar to numerous) utilize 'My Documents' structure to maintain the entire my personal, work etc. files. There are a number of things I would not even desire family members to observe. This be supposed to be turned off by defaulting. I agree by means of the poster above, nothing be supposed to be shared by defaulting; exception would be the Public folders.

I have encompass the identical difficulty too. Subsequent to the entire the promises for sanctuary this is a lot stupid and ridiculous. I am extremely dissatisfied. Minutes ago I unintentionally saw that my users folder is shared by means of full control without even touching no matter which. I had extremely significant and personal information in sequence my documents folder - this is completely improper. And I imagine it is not caused by the facilitating of the public sharing, for the reason that when you turn it off, the similar folders are tranquil shared. And what is even additional confusing; you not be able to un-share a subfolder in the Users folder, the basically thing which runs is to unshare the entire Users folder. I switched to win 7 from XP, relying on the superior recommendations people are giving, additional than is the similar as Vista. There are tranquil lots of irritating stuff. I am even thinking of switching back to XP.