Thread: Why can't the computers on my network communicate with each other even though they can see each other

Why can't the computers on my network communicate with each other even though they can see each other

I am working in a small company and we have 3 systems and a file server installed on my wireless network. I encompass a laptop working with Vista Home Premium, a desktop working with Vista Home Basic, an additional desktop working with Windows 7 Home Premium and a file server working with Windows 7 Pro. I be able to observe the entire of the systems from every individual system additional than when I try and have right of entry any one of the systems I get a communication, \\COMPUTER NAME is not accessible. You might not encompass permission to utilize this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to locate out if you have access permission. What I be supposed to do in this case. I need some information related to this above mention problem.

Re: Why can't the computers on my network communicate with each other even though they can see each other

Do these tribulations happen on certain apparatus or every one. If you desire to troubleshoot the problem give pleasure to perform the subsequent. First you have to write down the network computer’s IP address. After that you have to hit it off Start button in Windows 7 and you have to type \\IP address, and then press enter. You be able to have right of entry the network computer at present. If it runs, the problem be able to be related to DNS. You might make sure Hosts file. Give pleasure to refer the subsequent article. You have to change the Hosts file in the hosts file, pay no attention to the entire the lines that start with, and pay attention to additional lines. Give pleasure to simply maintain the line "localhost 127.0.0.1", eliminate the additional. If it does not work then you have to restart the apparatus in Safe Mode by means of Networking and have right of entry the network apparatus the entire in excess of again. Assure the subsequent services are started: Computer Browser, Server, Workstation. You have to change relevant settings on Windows 7 apparatus. You have to hit it off Start and open Control Panel. After that you have to open "Network and Sharing Center" and hit it off "Advanced sharing settings". Expand the present network profile (such as "Home or Work"), and then select the subsequent options: "Turn on Network Discovery", "Turn on file and printer sharing", "Turn on sharing so anybody by means of network right of entry be able to read and write files in the Public folders", "Turn off password protected sharing" might it work for you.

Re: Why can't the computers on my network communicate with each other even though they can see each other

I am in suspense the people here be able to assist me out regarding my tribulations. I am trying to share files connecting my XP desktop and Vista laptop, additional than so far I have had no luck as they cannot observe every additional. I encompass tried the entire manners of fixes, containing having an account by means of the similar name on together, download the kbb. Patch that everybody has recommended, disabling straightforward file sharing on the XP, making the network into a confidential protected network, and so far I encompass had no luck. The laptop is a HP DV6000t and the desktop is a custom build.

I am having the identical difficulty. In addition I cannot observe my two (2) Windows 2000 servers and I am not using a domain immediately a workgroup called Flexomastic. The server is plain excluding for active directory. I do observe home Home-Server the beta 2 server which I am testing it is in addition on Flexomastic. I have comprise tried the whole thing and no luck. I encompass 4 XP system 1 pro Dell 2500 , 3 media 2005 (Sony, HP a1540n , HP 1000) and they have no tribulations by means of the servers containing Home-Server or the Windows 2000 Servers.

I maintain in mind I tranquil in addition do not have correlation to Windows 2000 Servers. The laptop is a HP dv6247cl w/ Vista Home Premium preinstalled so it is not built or customized. I have no difficulty getting to the internet wire or wireless, no difficulty pigging back my PPC 6700 to get to the internet or sync. I immediately cannot intranet. I presently added the IP address to the Norton firewall and subsequent to regarding 40 minutes I do observe the entire the units. At present the tribulations is I have right of entry to the XP's shared files additional than no right of entry to the Servers "You might not encompass permission to utilize this network resources" What I am going to do is reboot and position my password in the entire in excess of again and observe if works. No luck by means of Vista system tranquil cannot attach to Windows 2000 Servers. They are on the Network Map in plain View additional than tranquil cannot have a right of entry to the shared directories.

If the above solution do not work then you have to make sure that the Norton Firewall, it seems to obstruct file-sharing from each apparatus. You have to add together IP addresses in the Trusted Network and it be supposed to work. At least it did for me. I am having the same tribulations by means of the entire then on top of I am trying to share files from my most important system to my latop my main has XP and my laptop has Vista. At present I have generated a network correlation so I be able to utilize the internet correlation from my most important system additional than not capable to view my most important system to get at the files and on my most important. I have File and print sharing setup for together of them several help determine to be great thanks.

To observe XP systems on the Network Map is simple once you run out that you necessitate to load LLTD protocol (which is not by defaulting installed on XP). I have comprise a Vista Home desktop and a XP Pro 2 laptop. They together attach to a D-Link wireless router to the internet (SSID ‘warbirds dog one’). That runs extremely well. My workgroup is ‘WOODPARK’. The entire I desire to do is share the printer associated (USB) to the desktop and the external HDD (in addition associated to the desktop).