Thread: Credentials Manager prompts

Credentials Manager prompts

I am not familiar with it for a number of reason I get a (single) prompt when attempting to have right of entry resources even though the resources are entered in Credentials Manager. The prompts essentially have comprise the accurate information in sequence (uname/pw) filled in, so I am wondering why it's not logging on mechanically. This basically occurs when attempting to have right of entry resources that utilize basic auth (webdav,web sites etc) - NTLM works extremely well. Auto-logon to these resources runs extremely well in Vista and XP so it's got to be something in the method Win7 handles the credentials – a number of reg-parameter probably.

Re: Credentials Manager prompts

For the above tribulation, I would recommend you to address it to MSDN community. Give pleasure to locate the community which determine to make available the hold up and maintain you request. I am not certain I understand your suggestion. The tribulations I am describing is not a developer problem. And is this not the opportunity for Win7 related questions and tribulations. Did you make sure the box for “Remember my credentials”. It be supposed to remember the credentials once you comprise and select the alternative to remember.

I tried it by means of together Generic and Windows Credentials by means of the similar result. The computers I am testing by means of are not Domain amalgamated and the resources I am accessing are on the Internet: one is a WebDav share and the additional is a SharePoint site. Together resources necessitate basic Authentication (SSL connection). As I talk regarding in a preceding post, the accurate credentials are filled in to the prompt that pops up. Vista did not display this performance when accessing the similar resources. I in addition cannot confirm Gerards post - NTLM resources (ie mapped drives) run extremely well on my systems.

I am in addition having this tribulation by means of Credentials Manager. I have comprise the tribulation by means of together Web sites and Windows Resources. My system is not part of the domain so I am requested for my domain cred's each time I have right of entry a corporate resource. In my case a number of are Server shares and some are web sites. Working with Windows 7 x64 version or description. I have encompass a co-wroker by means of similar config as excavation and his is running extremely well. As no one mentioned this earlier and I have had no tribulations by means of credential manager. Did several of you specify the full authentication path. If moreover system involved in an authentication attempt is not a domain member, you must target the user you are attempting to utilize.

If your attempting to accumulation domain credentials on a non-domain member, you be able to target the unambiguous server or a wildcard (fs0.domain.local vs *.domain.local) bym means of the user name DOMAIN\USER or user@domain-dns (In my illustration would be Email detached for privacy). Having not used the Credential Manager by means of Web Servers yet, the subsequent is a guess based on how IIS generally works. It determine to possibly depend on the sites arrangement. It might necessitate you target the IIS Computer Name, the IIS Domain Name, or it nothing except the user name. If IIS is completely configured, it possibly would not desire additional than a straight user name.

I too be familiarity to this when I attach to particular network resources or my company's SharePoint server. Here's what I be familiar with: The prompt is controlled by a windows service call Credential Manager (locate it in the Control Panel). You determine notice on its configuration page that it permits you to edit stored credentials that it has controlled in the past. Regrettably, none of the UI provides a technique for changing the image. In additional thread a small number of weeks ago, they learned that.