Thread: Error 0x0000000d when trying add a printer through my wireless network with my new laptop using Windows 7

Error 0x0000000d when trying add a printer through my wireless network with my new laptop using Windows 7

I have a problem for a printer share between two computer under Windows 7. I have 4 computer network in the same group and there are 2 system are working on Windows 7 and other two on Windows Vista. One of the system printer is a usb connected. I have two printer attached on the network. I can see shared printer on the network and when I right click on the same it gives a error The operation failed with error 0x0000000d. I cannot figure out why it does not work.

Re: Error 0x0000000d when trying add a printer through my wireless network with my new laptop using Windows 7

I had similar problem and I want to see that whether I can get some fix her.e I have two printers connected on the network and attached to a Windows XP system. I have another laptop which is running on Vista Home. The two PCs are on a WiFi network. I can access my shared folders on the laptop to the PC and I see my two printers. But when I want to connect on it from the laptop computer. I have the following error Windows can not connect to the printer.

Re: Error 0x0000000d when trying add a printer through my wireless network with my new laptop using Windows 7

In my network I am in the same workgroup. Each computer logged in as administrator. The result is the same when I turn the firewall on both systems. I already tried to install the printer directly to my system by updating the drivers in Windows Vista. I had no concern my EPSON RX600. I found the issue lies with the printer where the drivers are incompatible with Windows Vista.

This looks firewall issue. It can also be related to the security application which is installed in your system. Try to disable that first and then check back. I had not thought of. After testing always the same problem occurs. I had put my antivirus on every PC. Internet options is set at the lowest. The antivirus is Vista PC and Windows firewalls on other system which is enabled. I had disabled all and the printer gave out response.

I have 4 computer that are connected in the same group of network. There are different system which are running on Windows 7 and Windows Vista. I found no issue while connecting the same on the network. I could even install 32-bit driver on the system and I had tried to use the same drive disc for all the systems. Somewhere the printer is working and somewhere it not found at all.

You will need to check the settings for the printer which is share. If you create a residential group between Windows 7 32 bits and 64 bits. Check that printer is first installed properly and the share settings are done fine. The firewall on a 64 bit system is sometime issue. I will recommend you first disable all the firewall for the same and then check back. I created a local group between the two Windows 7 and it worked.

This code can appear when a new printer is installed if there is a conflict between two drivers, especially if the two printers are the same brand. In my case a Canon i865 replacement by IP4700. For that click on control panel and then go to printer and then right click in the blank field then go to server properties. Then go to drivers > printer name > previous delete. Then reconfigure the same back.

Macro media projector error when installing drivers for my Hp scanjet 5590.How do I fix this error?please help.
    regards,
    Techtul.

If you are having this issue it can be resolved well that is by simply copying the disk through which you are trying to install to a specific location. Now you need to right click on the driver that is setup.exe file and under properties tab choose the compatibility tab and set it to Windows XP mode. As it is been done it will be helpful for you. So check out and then let the conclusion to be resolved.