Thread: Multiple Network detected in Windows 7

Multiple Network detected in Windows 7

I had just completed installing Windows 7 RC in my system. It worked well without any issue. I had notice in my Network and sharing center multiple networks. As I had not yet configured the same on internet or lan then how does the internet connection is activated. Does this is a virus if yes. I need some highlights on networking and security provided in Windows 7. How does the network is created.

Re: Multiple Network detected in Windows 7

If your system is connected to any wifi router then it is possible that the network is created. Because windows configure network for you and that works just by connection. If your system has a wifi connectivity then just keep that off. If you keep the same working then it is possible that it is catching up network somewhere from unsecure zone or public hotspot. Keep your firewall active always.

I had faced a similar issue when my system got some extra network connections. I was attack by a rootkit and a bagle type virus. type bagle. It was a very strong threat. It seems that files are installed in my system without my knowledge. After doing some manipulations including the use of combofix I lost internet access by ethernet. I had scanned under safe mode and things are under control.

In my system the dhcp was Inactive, but the network properties were inaccessible. when I click on the properties of my network connections here gives me unexpected error I am stuck in that. I had repair the connection I get the message unable to flush the DNS resolver cache function failed. For this I had uninstalled the network card from the motherboard and re-install same. It is working now.

When you connect your phone then a dial up internet is created in Windows 7 sometime by default. You can remove them from the Network sharing center if you don't want the same on your screen. Basically, rather than buy, or download a network-mapping software tool, you can do this in Windows 7 itself You can easily create a map of the network that all computers and devices with the same network are connected.

For fixing the same issue you can get your own network card. For that click on Start and then go to Control Panel. Now go to Network and Internet and to establish the same you can in this see some basic information about your current network connection, such as wireless network is connected, the, etc. Wait a few seconds while the network map is generated dynamically.

Among the new security features, Microsoft has improved the User Account Control (User Account Control) in Windows 7. Introduced in Windows Vista, User Account Control has been designed to ensure that no system change occurs without the user being informed and that the administrator has given permission. However, he warned users of nearly all the changes made.