Thread: Network stops working on Windows 7

Network stops working on Windows 7

After upgrading directly to Windows 7 my Network has stopped working. This has cause major issue on my system. My system was the prime one on the network. Suddenly the entire network stopped working and nothing happens there. Now I might need to reconfigure all but the person who does the same is not here. I need some easy steps for restoring network back again.

Re: Network stops working on Windows 7

A computer that runs Windows 7 depends entirely on the residential group, because it is protected by a password, the rules can be diverted to facilitate this sharing of information and files. When you use a computer running Windows XP or Vista, they are unable to recognize the computers running Windows 7. It is quiet easy to create a home network sharing for PCs running Windows XP and Vista. Just follow the network wizard.

It is required to create a local group on the computer running Windows 7. The most easy way is to use a home network sharing if you are not going for advance network setting. Then you can connect the computer that runs Windows 7 to your network or your PC to run XP or Vista. It should be noted that you can make a cable connection behind a router or a Wi-Fi. In the network places you can choose add a network place and done.

Ensure that your network adapter is properly installed. Sometime after upgrade you will need to run the entire driver setup for your system. This makes the system to work in a much better way. You can check the same in Device Manager. Or else you can share Windows default network. Once Windows 7 has found the network of Windows XP or Vista, you must configure Windows 7 so it can share files with computers running on earlier versions of Windows.

Click on Start menu and then click on Control Panel. Then go to Network and Internet. After that click Network and Sharing Center. Then click in the left menu click Change sharing settings advanced. After that you must now make the following changes to the sharing settings to make Windows 7 compatible with earlier versions of Windows XP and Vista. Enable search the network for all computers running different versions of Windows can identify. Enable file sharing and printer.

Click on start and then in the box below type cmd. Then type ping 127.1.1.1. This is the default address of your network card and if the ping comes back then it means that your network adapter is working. If you are creating a basic network then I will recommend you to enable Public Folder Sharing By activating this option, anyone on the network can read or modify files in the public record. Also enable connection sharing files with 128 bit encryption for added security.

This can be due to misplace drivers. Check your motherboard model and download Windows 7 compatible drivers for it. You can find the drivers on the official site of Windows 7. If you are not aware about the model of the motherboard then you can download and install CPUz. This tool will give you the full hardware information and then you can download the same.