Thread: Setting password expiration time off

Setting password expiration time off

Most of them do not desire the passwords on our home systems to terminate. The information in sequence, in view of the fact that it is a desktop and does not leave her desk, they do not desire a password on it at the entire. There is no necessitate for it. Yesterday when my friend clicked on his user icon and Windows 7 prompted him to alter his non-existent password. In view of the fact that I upgraded his apparatus from Windows XP Pro to Win 7 Home Ultimate (Family pack), he got to attach it. I figured out that I might basically hit it off and windows would accept an additional null password, additional than I thought it most excellent to turn off the password expiry interval. I might not locate anywhere in user accounts to set the password termination interval. Assist of course was not useful (in view of the fact that Office 2007, the entire MS help is attractive helpless IMHO). I need some help here on the above topic.

Re: Setting password expiration time off

You be able to try this might it work for you as it had worked for me. You have to go to the start button and hit it off on start and then on the run box you have to type cmd When cmd comes into view in Results on top of, right hit it off and select "Run as administrator" Stop the Password Expiration at the command prompt type: net accounts /maxpwage:unlimited and after that you have to enter. You determine to get a communication box: “The command accomplished successfully” and then you ne able to close the command prompt. You extremely do not desire to have comprise and basically one user account. Similar to XP and the entire additional modern operating systems, Vista and Windows 7 are multi-user operating systems by means of built-in system accounts such as Administrator, Defaulting, The entire Users, and Guest. These accounts be supposed to be left alone as they are part of the operating system configuration.

You predominantly do not desire to basically one user account by means of administrative privileges on Vista and Windows 7 for the reason that the built-in Administrator account (generally merely used in emergencies) is put out of action by defaulting. If you are working with as Administrator for your every day work and that account gets degraded, things determine to be complicated. It is not impracticable to activate the built-in Administrator to rescue things, additional than it determine to require third-party tools and running outside the operating system.

If you are working with as a Standard user is most excellent practice for security purposes and determine to assist and prevent your system from infection. Subsequent to you create "CompAdmin", log into it and revolutionize your regular user account to Standard. Then log back into your regular account. The user account that is for you are every day work be sustained or maintained to be a Standard user, by means of the additional administrative user (call it something similar to "CompAdmin" or "Tech" or the similar to) basically there for altitude purposes.

I have a comparable tribulations (and I am using Windows 7 Home Premium in UK). My account password has immediately expired and I imagine the entire additional accounts are regarding to. This seems passionate not to be given the alternative to configure this helpful setting via a GUI. The Microsoft give pleasure to sort this, or you determine to start to alienate users from an otherwise superior O/S. I tried a lot by going to the command prompt (using my account which has administrator privileges), additional than I get the subsequent error communication subsequent to trying the command compassionately provided above: "System error 5 has occurred or happened.

I did not recognize that the CMD prompt did not involuntarily inherit administrator rights. The entire sorted at present, numerous. I was panicking a bit there and be supposed to encompass listened to the recommendation in your signature. Even when working by means of prominent privileges (Right clicking on cmd in garnishing and selecting run as administrator. Is there no matter which else that might be blocking this. (Net accounts as produces the similar error) System error 5" immediately means you do not have comprise the accurate administrative privileges. In view of the fact that you say you are running cmd elevated, maybe you made changes to account privileges.

The password termination information in sequence for a user is restricted in the last 6 fields. Password termination for a choose user be able to be put out of action by editing the /etc/shadow file on the other hand I suggest using modify command. The modify command changes the number of days connecting password changes and the date of the last password revolutionize. This information in sequence is used by the system to determine when a user be obliged to revolutionize his/her password. To put out of action password aging / expiration for user, type command as follows and set: Minimum Password Age to 0.