Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2010

No ODBC Drivers available for Excel or Access in Windows 7

I have a PC running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit application I programmed JAVA to access a database Microsoft Access. My problem is that when I want to add my database using the tools Directors data sources ODBC from windows. I had faced with an error message. It is rather normal since the list of drivers ODBC installed on my machine only SQL Server appears.
Old 12-08-2010

Re: No ODBC Drivers available for Excel or Access in Windows 7

I had just installed jre and jdk 32 bit version in addition to my 64-bit version and then I setup eclipse for netbeens they use 32-bit jdk in the folder Program Files (x86 ) instead of 64-bit jdk in the folder' Program Files. To compile 32-bit go to Project Properties and then click on compile tab. Then go to Advanced compilation and then go change Unit ventral target alongwith x86. Re-compile back again.
Old 12-08-2010

One thing about it is that the solution proposed for the odbc driver to access despite handling a problem persists or the following error: the error is Microsoft.jet.OLEDB 4.0 is not registered on the local computer. To connect to the database access in a program in VB.NET SEVEN running 64-bit while under vista and xp 32-bit there is no such issue related to this.
Old 12-08-2010

I have a similar configuration with me. I am using Windows 7 , IIS and ASP site with an Access database. I have found the management ODBC in system32 or I whether I should out the drivers but I remain at the same point. Have you added some sort of drivers for the same. I go the same error when I launch IIS. have exactly the same problem with ASP / IIS / Seven 64-bit.
Old 12-08-2010

I finally found the solution is actually very simple. This solution works if the driver is installed in 32-bit (sysWOW34) and not 64-bit (system32). Go to Control Panel > System and Security > Administrative Tools > Internet Services Manager (IIS). Then go in the Connection pane, expand if necessary and then click Application Pools. After that click on DefaultAppPool and then go to Advanced Settings. Then go to General and enable 32-bit applications. choose True for that.
Old 17-08-2010

I had installed the 32bit version of the jdk 1.6 and change the settings for my project on netbeans to use this jdk. For that you might need to use the odbc for 32bit at C: \ Windows \ SysWOW64 \ odbcad32.exe. Then you will need to configure the database as a 32bit machine. Configure IIS as saying wam in his message. You might need to download and install from the Microsoft website. Change the configuration netbeans to use version of 32bit jdk. All things work well.
Old 18-08-2010

Search if you do not have an executable odbc on your hard drive to install ODBC drivers. A odbcad32.exe example more or less reliable information from google. I downloaded the driver (MySQL Connector ODBC 5.1) and installed in the ODBCConfig For me this is still not displayed. By default, the SQL driver is included by MS, however, does not bring me further.
Old 01-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley007 View Post
I finally found the solution is actually very simple. This solution works if the driver is installed in 32-bit (sysWOW34) and not 64-bit (system32). Go to Control Panel > System and Security > Administrative Tools > Internet Services Manager (IIS). Then go in the Connection pane, expand if necessary and then click Application Pools. After that click on DefaultAppPool and then go to Advanced Settings. Then go to General and enable 32-bit applications. choose True for that.
using win7,i use the command odbcad32.my pc is 32-bit.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , , ,