Thread: How can i disable this folder is shared with other people message

How can i disable this folder is shared with other people message

I have 2 laptops and both are running on windows seven. Both of them is connected by wifi on livebox and they have fixed ip. There no antivirus software installed in the system. The first question is does i can disable the folder shared with the public. The message keeps on popping in between which is pretty annoyed. I am new to Windows 7 so for that I need some help related to folder sharing.

Re: How can i disable this folder is shared with other people message

Usually that is not possible. The behavior for the message is made by design and it popups on indication. I am not aware about any policies and settings that might disable the same. You might need to entirely stop file sharing on your network which might help you to deal with the problem. The feature integrated in Windows 7 is automatic and I don't think there might be settings for this.

For such Samba Server is the best option. I will recommend this for LAN support. With this you can use Server Message Block. So here it is possible to efficiently mix a network with other Linux Workstation and Windows system. By this file sharing becomes much secure and easier. The configuration is also not a issue.

Select the folder you want to share and it is recommended to the root of your hard disk partition and then right click on it to choose the properties Tab. Go under sharing and then click on Share. Then if you want you can add either Everyone or Group Residential Computer depending on your needs. You can then go in Advance sharing for further configuration of the folder.

Share files means making them accessible through a network from other computers. In other words, when a folder is shared, other computers on the network can access and perform operations in this folder and all it contains. Windows 7 makes the handling a bit longer than Windows under Windows XP, Microsoft has decide to improve security. A network cable is more stable, reliable and fast as a WiFi network.

The settings to disable the same is quiet easy. For that right Click on the Databases folder in C: \ Program Files \ ICMServer \ and choose Properties. And then in the window that opens, click the Sharing tab and click the Advanced Sharing button. Select the Share this folder and click on Permissions. Click on the Add button. Here you can create a separate policy of each and everyone.

As you can see from the properties of the folder the same is is shared and appears a lock icon beside the folder. Share Now back with, and choose None. Stop Sharing answer the next question. As seen from the properties, although finished sharing, next to the folder continues to make a fine show if the lock. For that you might need to go in the folder properties and then click on Security and add the local computer the Authenticated Users group.