Thread: Testing the options command failed

Testing the options command failed

Subsequent to regarding a week of diagnostics, I in conclusion have comprise a RPC running on my Exchange 2010 system. At present I immediately cannot seem to sync to Exchange by means of my droid using activesync. Here is from the connectivity examination. Do you utilize a commercial certificate. If yes then does the examination user belongs to domain admin group if yes be able to you try using a customary user most of them have comprise and seen tribulations in this part, so if you be able to try by means of a test user and observe how it runs this determine to enlighted me where to go. I need some help here.

Re: Testing the options command failed

You have not tried it by means of a test user in view of the fact that the user that the apparatus is for is a domain admin and the user previously has mail in his inbox. Optimistically there is a work approximately for this. This tribulation is for certain related by means of the inheritable permissions in the AD for that user. For this you have to go to the AD users and systems, create certain the advanced alternatives, after that you have to go to the properties of the user, security tab->advanced and create certain the inheritable permissions for that user. It is supposed to solve. Generally it occurs on users migrated from exchange 2003 or 2007 and users that are domain admins and do not encompass inheritable permissions facilitated on the user object.

Tried it by means of a user "test" that was immediately recently generated and tranquil fails at the similar point on the testing. Have you checkered the user permissions on the AD. What be supposed to characteristically be there on a 2008 AD server for the user. On the security tab-> advanced alternatives you be supposed to have comprise and inheritable permissions checkered for the user. Normally permit enheritance of sanctuary permissions on the users other than this determine to be set by defaulting twice certain certain it would not harm Activesync is much easier to get running by means of a purchased SSL certificate (installed on the defaulting website additional than you be able to create your own and tranquil make it run).

It’s checkered on the user at present and tranquil tests fail at the similar point. Do you encompass several user that runs. This be obliged to be a permissions tribulations (of the user object in AD) and therefore you necessitate to compare permissions by means of a working user. If you have comprise one no users at this time running in view of the fact that this is a brand innovative server install. Error 401 is one verification error. Are you putting domain\username. And the password is accurate right. You are unbelievable. I was doing it as for confirmation rather then tomtcscomputers\test. Subsequent to I changed it, passed the entire tests.

Give pleasure to take or to give the impression of being at my FAQ regarding your specific tribulations. If you do not get anywhere subsequent to checking the whole thing, please come back for additional guidance. If you get wedged anywhere please let me be familiar with additional than optimistically I have covered the entire eventualities in my FAQ and it be supposed to get you going unless your server is actually poorly. Create certain that the name on the SSL certificate you encompass installed matches the Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) that you are concerning to for ActiveSync - for illustration, mail.microsoft.com. If it does not match, moreover re-issue the certificate if you generated it yourself, or re-key the certificate from your SSL certificate provider.

Initially, you necessitate creating certain that you have comprise the Exchange Server 2003 Service Pack 2 Installed. To make sure if you have it installed, unlock up Exchange System Manager - Start, Programs, Microsoft Exchange, System Manager. Then enlarge Servers, Right hit it off your server and select Properties. This determine to display whether you have SP2 installed or not If you are trying to create an iPhone run, then you be able to in addition download the free iPhone App 'Activesync Tester' and this be supposed to identify several tribulations by means of your arrangement.

If you comprise or contain to get the SP2 installed, the site is an official Microsoft site particularly for testing Exchange installations and connectivity. The test determine to fail if you utilize a self-signed SSL certificate, in which case, you determine to necessitate to make sure the "Ignore Trust for SSL" checkbox. On the ActiveSync test page, you are asked whether you desire to utilize Autodiscover to detect the settings or to physically specify server settings. The exchange 2003 does not have comprise several native auto discover, so you determine to most likely necessitate to select the latter alternative and make available the server name.