Thread: IPv6 Stateless address autconfiguration problem on resume/reconnection

IPv6 Stateless address autconfiguration problem on resume/reconnection

I am not sure how got this bug but I might have run something in the SLAAC process. At the initial the configuration works fine when my system was on the network. Suddenly after some while when my system resume back from sleep I got the error message. I am new to networking and need some help on IPv6 as my issue is related to that only. I need some help understanding IPv6.

Re: IPv6 Stateless address autconfiguration problem on resume/reconnection

It is better if you go through some tutorials on the same to get a broader view of the same. For your issue I think the problem lies with the non-availability of RA's. You might need to check the execution of netsh command. This many times solves the issue. The command for the same is netsh int ipv6 set int <interface_name> adv=en man=dis other=dis and netsh int ipv6 set int <interface_name> adv=dis.

The main principles of IP version 6 are identical to those of IP version 4. As its name suggests, IPv6 is a new version of IP protocol and not a new protocol. Nevertheless, and with the experience gained with IPv4 networks. It is designed to provide you larger address space, header simplified and efficient, auto configuration and mobility. You might need to study more the same for detailed information.

The format and scoring of the IPv6 address are the most visible changes in the transition from IPv4 to IPv6. The IPv6 address is a word of 128 bits, four times the size of an IPv4 address (32 bits). The size of this address will have an unimaginable number, some say almost infinite address. IPv6 has three types of addresses, type addresses unicast, multicast and anycast. The type of broadcast addresses no longer exist and are replaced by predefined multicast addresses.

Although IPv6 addresses are expected to be somewhat manipulated, it is sometimes necessary to use them. In some applications, the use of : character is not without some problems. The Global Routing Prefix is assigned by an official body and identifies the site. It is coded on 64 bits and facilitates self-configuration. The interface identifier or EUI-64 is created from a MAC address.

IPv4 is termed as the DHCP server. It means that the server is not necessary to store dynamic state information on the DHCP server about all clients Individual DHCP. Instead, these clients auto configure their own IP address on the basis of router advertisements. Thus, with stateless DHCP, DHCP clients not to use the DHCP server to get the IP address information, they use the DHCP server for the other configuration.

DHCP stands for Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol, this protocol client / server has been around for some time now, and is regularly implemented over IPv4 networks. But, in a word network administrators use DHCP to provide a framework that is used by network devices (DHCP clients) to obtain various parameters necessary from DHCP servers to DHCP clients can operate in an Internet protocol (IP) network.