Thread: Wireless cannot ping / ethernet can ping

Wireless cannot ping / ethernet can ping

I am stuck here on a problem for two weeks. I try to configure a wireless network to share data and directory. I have a fixed a PC Card WiFi and Ethernet Internet connection and a laptop with wireless card. he WIFI works excellent on signal mode AD-HOC. The workgroup is found first on the same system. I had even find no issue with the same while working on firewall. But not there is no ping in the network.

Re: Wireless cannot ping / ethernet can ping

I find myself with the same problem. Unfortunately I cannot solve despite some instructions I got online. I have a Desktop PC connected to the net RJ45 with a USB wireless adapter. I had configure the network manually. The adhoc network is shared authentication. I am not getting any ping on the network. I had uninstalled the firewall to ensure that it might not be blocked but nothing helped here

I had exactly the same problem as you are facing. I found this some fix for the same. First you might need to install driver for 8.1.1.0 from Intel. Setup wifi without encryption and this really works. Then configure WiFi 64-bit which provides you the hex key and not the key ascii. Then configure Wifi 128-bit and update with latest driver with 128-bit support on your router. It seems that the intel driver bug is on the encryption keys.

I have a little trouble to connect a laptop with wifi to my pc which has wireless fixed through the wifi adapter. I have access to the internet but I cannot share the data between the pc. I created a network within the pc. But when I log an error message appears saying Error 800: Unable to establish the VPN connection. The VPN server may be unreachable or security settings are incorrectly configured for this connection.What does I should do here.

I see this is a subject that date but correspond exactly my problem. I just bought a wireless PCI card Ovislink W54PCIv2 I installed XP SP2 on my PC connected via Ethernet to ADSL on a Speedtouch. I want to connect my laptop IBM Centrino XP SP2 equipped with an Intel Pro Wireless 2100. The connection is very good as indicated on the signal of the wifi but th ip is not possible to ping an no sharing works here.

First ajdust your firewall. The following ports must be open if you want to take advantage of file sharing and communications SMB. TCP Port 139, UDP port 137 and 138 for Microsoft File Sharing and TCP port 445 for Direct hosted SMB traffic without NetBIOS. It's the same for these two other services Server and Workstation. Windows XP SP2 if you have activated the firewall internet connection , you must allow the exception Sharing files and printers.

For this you must first try to connect to wifi without wep enabled. This sometime make the system work. For that you must also make sure that your network cards are properly connected. The one thing which you must ensure at first try to run the same without any security option. I think Ad Hoc mode might not work on the system.