Thread: Uninstall Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Permanently

Uninstall Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Permanently

I just bought an HP laptop which is working on Windows XP. Sometime there is a icon next to the printer icon which say Troubleshooting necessary. For that I right clicked on the icon to choose the option of solve the problems and then it tells me that there is a problem with the Microsoft virtual wifi miniport driver. I also found the same issue once while installed a wireless keyboard. I want to remove this out completely.

Re: Uninstall Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Permanently

The device which is mentioned there Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter is just a virtual device and this will not cause any effect to your system. It will also not effect the wireless network and the physical wireless adapter also. It remains in your system inside Device Manager. You can fix the problem related to this device from there. Just right click on that and disable it if you don't want to use the same.

Yes you can uninstall the same from device manager. But might in future you will need it for working on WLan network. It is recommended that before removing you must back up your installation files. It is a better idea here to create a restore point before removing the same so that if in future you posses any issue then you can directly restore your system to older settings.

I was using Windows XP before and recently I had just upgraded to Windows 7. After upgrading I have the same error on my system screen. I had also noticed that my icon to mute the sound remains grayed out and when after some reboot the same is working fine. I am using a wireless speaker support on the system. I think this device is causing issue in my system.

In my system at first I disabled the device and after that I tried to update Windows. But the uninstallation does not suit me and I got the error frequently. The drivers are the same and I installed them back in the right place in windows/system32. It was not necessary to copy them because they were already available via Device Manager. And without reinstalling anything everything my system is working. I think you must leave that.

I had tried some solution here and hope this can help you out. I had in fact disabled the wireless card but that does not solved my problem. I feel that many people faces the similar problem with the card. I already installed new software and drivers in my system and also added the same on the wifi network. I got this problem after upgrading my system to Windows 7.

The device is used for networking with other local machine while connected to the Internet. Thus, virtual devices are created and you can connect to other networks at the same time. Virtual WiFi also includes program which support the proceed. It is also able to diagnose the reasons preventing a computer to connect to a server. So if you don't want you can simply uninstall the tool.