Thread: DFS and Windows 7 x64 strange behavior when trying to access a DFS link through mapped drive

DFS and Windows 7 x64 strange behavior when trying to access a DFS link through mapped drive

I have physically mapped a network drive (Q Drive) to a DFS position. Whenever I went into "My Computer" and subsequent to opening the Q Drive it demonstrates the DFS links additional than when I twice hit it off one of the links it haphazardly takes me back to the "My Computer" starting point demonstrating my standard drive letters. If I hit it off from side to side the Q drive and the DFS several time it the entire of the sudden runs. Sometimes this circle of clicking be able to go on for 5-10 times previous to it runs appropriately. I am working with the x64 edition of Windows 7. Several suggestions on how to create this run appropriately. Its extremely irritating.

Re: DFS and Windows 7 x64 strange behavior when trying to access a DFS link through mapped drive

Can you be able to tell me what is the system of the server. Are the systems in domain or workgroup. Give pleasure to modify NTLM verification level to “Send LM & NTLM - utilize NTLMv2 session sanctuary if negotiated”. In this you have to launch regedit from Start Search box. Then after that you have to locate the subsequent branch. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa. Subsequent to that you have to generate a DWORD key under Lsa and you have to set the Name: LmCompatibilityLevel value: 1 at the end you have to Restart it.

Re: DFS and Windows 7 x64 strange behavior when trying to access a DFS link through mapped drive

I am having the similar tribulations (similar OS). I am connecting or attaching to DFS via the UNC, not a mapped drive. Not merely does explorer go "back", it in addition resets which DFS target I am associated to (to a sub-optimal out of site server). I have comprise and tried put out of action IPv6 additional than it has not had several consequence. The defaulting authentication levels in Windows 7 and Windows XP/Server 2003 are dissimilar. In Windows Vista and Windows 7 the level is version or description 2, which is not implicated in Windows XP/Server 2003. Therefore give pleasure to revolutionize the level in Windows 7 systems.

As I said, most of them are not using defaulting levels. Group policy is forcing the whole thing to LmCompatibilityLevel 2 (containing XP/2003) Our commercial sanctuary policy determine to not permit us to lower this sanctuary setting supplementary. I am having the similar identical problem as well. I have comprise a DFS root mapped to a drive, I had opened the drive and then twice hit it off on several of the folders, the folder opens and then hurriedly reverts back to the directory listing previous to I twice clicked or goes the entire the method back the drive view. At present, if I open the similar UNC path that the drive is mapped to as an alternative, the whole thing runs as expected. I locate it hard to believe this tribulation has no matter which to do by means of NTLM authentication levels.

I am having this identical difficulty by means of the Win 7 x86 and x64 apparatus on my Network, Win XP etc are the entire extremely well. Most of them have encompassed a mapped drive that is dfs and the systems get kicked back to my computer or the drive vanishes briefly then reappears. This has been concentrated by changing the Lan Manager Authentication level to 1 additional than it tranquil happens, I have comprise and tried dissimilar levels and it moreover gets worse or stays the similar. There is something else I am missing that is in addition causing these tribulations additional than I am having problem tracking it down. The DFS is in win 2k mode and this I cannot revolutionize. Event Logs on the Machines do not having several errors or warnings at the time the tribulations come into view. I have in addition turned off IPV6 on several apparatus as suggested somewhere else additional than the same problem remains.

I tried your submissions and it did run for one day. Subsequent to a day, it started the entire in excess of again. Whenever a user hit it off on network drive (DFS) it goes back to system screen displaying the entire the drives. Is there an everlasting fix for that. Most of them had the similar difficulty by means of the DFS root. Most of them discovered that the Windows 7 characteristic, Offline Files (facilitate by defaulting) was causing our tribulations. I imagine is has something to do by means of the Share permissions on the DFS root. Give the impression of being in Accessories -> Sync Center, Manage Offline Files to put out of action this characteristic. Of course this be able to in addition be done via GPO.

Yes, I substantiate that the similar thing occurs by means of safe mode and safe mode by means of networking. As for the stoppage it happens during the startup screen of windows 2008 r2 rc where you encompass the diminutive green bars substantial at the bottom and the windows logo in the central point. This screen stays there for approximately 1 hour and there is no hdd movement during that time. This must be the main issue.